Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Default Dr Who Toys - Remembrance and Attack sets

I thought I had all the Dr Who toys I'd ever want.

Just looked through this months Doctor Who magazine - they're planning a voice controlled one and one you can pilot through the eyepiece. Best start saving I think.

Always wanted the interactive R2-D2 but that one elluded me - and VERY expensive on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I thought I had all the Dr Who toys I'd ever want.

Just looked through this months Doctor Who magazine - they're planning a voice controlled one and one you can pilot through the eyepiece. Best start saving I think.

Always wanted the interactive R2-D2 but that one elluded me - and VERY expensive on ebay.
    and I believe that this paticular Dalek toy will be 18 inches in hieght -

Hours of fun recreating the unveiling of the Dalek in Genesis.
    "Move forward and circle left!"
    "That's magnificent - He has perfected voice control!"
    "I will now turn the machine over to total self control..."
    "It isn't doing anything."
    "Bum."
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Hours of fun recreating the unveiling of the Dalek in Genesis.
    "Move forward and circle left!"
    "That's magnificent - He has perfected voice control!"
    "I will now turn the machine over to total self control..."
    "It isn't doing anything."
    "Bum."
    I think it might be more like this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7kygMHrYq8

Pip Madeley Guest

That's three minutes of my life I want back, WhiteCrow.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    That's three minutes of my life I want back, WhiteCrow.
    Fair enough - if we ever meet, I'll allow you to escape during one of my monologues. That should give you back about ... oooh 5 minutes!

Does the Cyberman voice changer sound anything LIKE the Cybermen? Or does it just distort the voice? Working in Oxfam, a Dalek bubble bath was donated, it was broken, we don't sell broken toys, not our policy, it had an eyestalk missing and was minus a plunger. Presumably, it was given to an ungreatful child by a misguided parent/grandparent thinking it was that remote controlled doo dah. Well... could YOU throw out a Dalek? I made a film of it being sexually abused by a rabbit glove puppet, which thankfully, I have no way of posting online.

P.S. The bubble bath is still sealed up.

Ah, the Dalek bubble bath! I do like it's squeezy rubber top half, though the gun, plunger and eye stalk are rather loosely attached. It's also the only bubble bath we own that is held together with screws in it's base.

I'll bet that Nick Briggs uses nothing else!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cloud (Slight Return) View Post
    I made a film of it being sexually abused by a rabbit glove puppet, which thankfully, I have no way of posting online.
    YouTube is the answer to all your problems

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Default RetroRobot makes another out-of-date post

As regards BubbleBath-Daleks, i have long-fantasized (ever since reading this thread momets ago) a MovellanVirus-model Bubblebath Dalek that froths through its grilles when squeezed! Cunning marketing executives ('exterminatives'?) with a mind to profitable product wastefulness would have made a killing ('execution'?) in this market! (presumably due to a dastardly alien plot involving toxic toiletries - or a standard earthoid plan involving industrial detergents).

Mine! - all mine!!

RetroRobot
    "RetroRobots Conquer & Enjoy!"

Any advice on smaller DW toys I can order (soon) for Mini-Arisia's 10th birthday in June?
    Arisia Corporate President
    Assistant DivHead - Events, Arisia 2011

I think they're still doing the Rolykins Daleks. They're about the smallest you can get.

A lot of the toys have been reduced of late. Cheap remote control K-9's are the best to go for, though they are still rather large. There may still be a sale on at www.play.com.

So, not terribly helpful from me there, but maybe someone else will leap in here.

Just trying to keep any shipping from the UK to the US from being too expensive (or taking too long), not to mention what the exchange rate is these days. Unless I stick with North American sources only, of course, which limits the selection for the most part.

Oooo, trying to pick between the big R/C K-9 and the K-9/#10 combo. Or the Dalek Money Bank. They're all available from WhoNA, and for a decent price, too.

Looking at the adverts in this month's DWM (and how sad is that )

Galaxy 4 - show 12" figures of Judoon Commander, Martha and Novice Hame

While Burtons Who One Ltd list the following 5" figures coming out in May / June:

Martha, Judoon Commander, Judoon Trooper, Mickey, Dr Constantine, Lileth the Carionite, Gelth Zombie (?), The Hoix (??), Faceless Old Lady (!) and The Wire
    Bazinga !

Yeah, there's a bit of barrel-scraping going on with a Hoix figure, really, isn't there...?

The Hoix was a magnificent beast!

I still pity the lack of a Jackie/Yvonne double pack.

Captain Tancredi Guest

The Wire? As in a television set with Maureen Lipman's face stuck on the front? May as well just bring out an Evil Edna and have done with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
    Just trying to keep any shipping from the UK to the US from being too expensive (or taking too long), not to mention what the exchange rate is these days. Unless I stick with North American sources only, of course, which limits the selection for the most part.

Speaking as an Englishman.. nay, Yorkshireman, I think the exchange rate is very good indeed, and ye colonials should know better than to complain.

It's Mike!

Oooo, trying to pick between the big R/C K-9 and the K-9/#10 combo. Or the Dalek Money Bank. They're all available from WhoNA, and for a decent price, too.
    Well, I went with the 1/4-scale R/C K-9. Yes, most of the ground floor of my house is floor, not carpet, so it should be fun for mini-Arisia.

Well, I went with the 1/4-scale R/C K-9. Yes, most of the ground floor of my house is floor, not carpet, so it should be fun for mini-Arisia.
    It's fun for us adults too. I chase the cat around the living room with my K9. Although the cat is much faster and gets away, but it's good fun.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    It's fun for us adults too. I chase the cat around the living room with my K9. Although the cat is much faster and gets away, but it's good fun.
    I do that as well.

Some big toy/model-related Who news in today's Times:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle1940258.ece

Quote Originally Posted by TimesOnline
    June 16, 2007
    Airfix cements deal with Dr Who
    Steve Hawkes, Industry Reporter

Hornby has signed a deal with the BBC to bring out a Dr Who range of Airfix models the first products since the train-set maker saved the kits company from collapse last year.

Model enthusiasts will be able to glue together their very own Doctor, his assistant and an eight-inch Tardis.

The Tardis will contain a chip, making it the first Airfix model in the companys near 70-year history to come with light and sound.

The new range completes a remarkable turnaround for Airfix, which faced collapse last August after parent company Humbrol fell into administration.

Frank Martin, Hornby chief executive, bought the business and combined two of Britains best-loved toy brands.

He has already revived sales of Hornby train sets by launching a host of designs in the past six years. These have included a version of the Hogwarts Express featured in the Harry Potter films.

Mr Martin told The Times: I was never in any doubt that Airfix was the right fit for us and that we could bring it back to life. The model companys heyday was in the 1960s, when it was selling more than 350,000 Spitfires, 80,000 Hurricanes and 60,000 Lancasters a year.

The business was set up in 1939 by Nicholas Kove, a Hungarian. After briefly making plastic pocket combs with an injection moulding machine, Airfix switched to models when it was commissioned in 1948 to make a promotional toy a Ferguson tractor.
    AWESOM-O!

Pip Madeley Guest

I may have to buy and make a TARDIS if it looks authentic.