0 0%
  • Piping! - Death To The Daleks

7 43.75%
  • Velvet Lapels - Monster of Peladon

1 6.25%
  • Classic Form - Planet of The Spiders

3 18.75%

Default Poll: Dandy Suits!

Pertwee had a lot of wonderful outfits in Season 11. But which do you think is best?

Take a look at No.1 from The Time Warrior, a loose green felt jacket over a white frilly shirt. Notice the medallion!

Then there's The Dinosaur Invasion. Blue smoking jacket, red bow tie and the ever-present frills, though this time with edging!

The Death To The Daleks version is an easy to recognise classic with it's distinctive red piping. The frills on the cuffs are particularly enormous this time!

A return to green in The Monster of Peladon, but this time a more clean-cut jacket with an avocado frilled shirt. Could that be velvet on the lapels?

Finally there's Planet of The Spiders, which feels comparatively restrained! There's the dark blue jacket, a blue bow-tie and a pale blue shirt. Very co-ordinated!

So which is your top Pertwee outfit?

This is tricky. It's obviously not The Monster of peladon green, because those grey lapels look awful. I'm not too keen on the round collar of the Planet of the Spiders one either, so I'm dismissing that one too.

So it comes down to the classic green of The Time Warrior, which is really lovely, the powder blue of Dinos, which has a lot of class and the red piping glory of Death to the Daleks.... All of which are rather fabulous Pertwee jackets. All classics, so I shall go with the Green Time Warrior look... a classy outfit!

I always like a Pertwee Green jacket but I think the sheer style of the Death to the Daleks outfit just tops the poll. Mind you I love everything about that story.

Slightly off topic:

Here's a thought: in the last 10/20 of his life Pertwee often turned up at Conventions in his costume. He would make quips about still having the costume from way back when. More often than not he wore a dark black cloak and a rather fetching purple velvet smoking jacket (he even wears this outfit in 'Dimensions in Time') - however, I don't recall him ever wearing purple during his stint as the third Doctor. Did I miss it or has the purple jacket only ever appeared at conventions and in Albert Square!!!

What? ....... it's a slow work day!!!!

The "Death" jacket is the best, I bought the Third Doctor figure with that jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    The "Death" jacket is the best, I bought the Third Doctor figure with that jacket!
    The 'death jacket' - sounds like a medievil instrument of torture!

The Lads are taking notes... It is growing on me, that one from Death though...

I don't recall him ever wearing purple during his stint as the third Doctor. Did I miss it or has the purple jacket only ever appeared at conventions and in Albert Square!!!
    I think he wore it in The Paradise of Death of too Andrew!

But no, he didn't have a purple one on TV in the 70s. It must have been on e Mr Pertwee forked out for himself.

bit of a tough one this because I think Jon, looks so damned good in them all but I've plumped for the classic - planet of spiders look.

The poor old Dinos look isn't popular is it?

PIPING.

I went for the Classic but it was a close call with Piping.