Default Further Animations?

With The Reign of Terror, complete with missing episodes being animated, due for release in 2012, the internet is rife with speculation that we could see more missing episodes getting the animated treatment - even possibly stories where more than 50% is missing.

So, obvious candidates for animation are:
    The Crusade
    The Tenth Planet
    The Moonbase
    The Ice Warriors

So... beyond these four further titles, do you think that further animated missing episodes are likely? If so, what would you like to see getting the animated treatment?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I don't think The Crusade or The Moonbase will be high priorities, as they've already been released on Lost in Time. I suspect Tenth Planet and The Ice Warriors will come first.

I guess it's easier (+ cheaper) to put together the stories which are just missing a single episode.

I got the feeling though people hated these animations.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

They should animate Torchwood! Then they wouldn't have to worry about John Barrowman growing slightly older!

Hey, it's just an idea.

I got the feeling though people hated these animations.
    They haven't been released yet?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    They haven't been released yet?

Si.
    That's judging by the response to the Invasion, which has been released. I really liked what they'd tried to do, and to as best as possible, restore a lost story. But a lot of fans seemed to hate it.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I suspect that it was the old 'vocal minority' online. Most people I know seem to be excited at the prospect of more animation and only dissappointed that they haven't gone down this route already.

Hopefully - I really love the idea of getting these lost stories as watchable in some form. I absolutely loved what they did in the Invasion, and it's such a wonderful story, made much better without having huge chunks missing.

The Invasion was a different company though. The next lot of animations won't be done by Cosgrove Hall, they're being done by an Australian company via Big Finish.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I'd love them to tackle a whole missing story. Power of the Daleks preferably!

I'll be interested to see what The Reign of Terror looks like. In terms of the animation on The Invasion, while I loved the idea I was unimpressed by the execution. Let's see how these turn out. The Tenth Planet and The Ice Warriors will almost certainly get the treatment. The Crusade and The Moonbase probably won't, since they've already been put out in the Lost In Time set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    The Crusade and The Moonbase probably won't, since they've already been put out in the Lost In Time set.
    I agree with that, providing they decide to stop with Ice Warriors/Tenth Planet.

However, if they decide to go further, as stories that only need 2 episodes done, they'd be the logical choice....

and besides, 2|E have never been shy about asking us to buy stories twice before...

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I don't think The Crusade or The Moonbase will be high priorities, as they've already been released on Lost in Time. I
    thing is because we have so little Pat Troughton, I think The Moonbase, would be an ideal choice for animation and it's certainly the one I'd chose .

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'd love them to tackle a whole missing story. Power of the Daleks preferably!

I don't know.., I enjoyed the animation of Invasion, and no doubt I'll also do the same for Reign, but I'm not sure I could sit through a whole 6 episodes of it.

As I've said before, they should do the entirely missing stories in full colour and HD!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    As I've said before, they should do the entirely missing stories in full colour and HD!
    why stop there lets also do it in the same style of animation as Toy Story and Shrek,

They'd be a lot more marketable with a colour/HD makeover, in my opinion. I don't think we'd get something as expensive as Shrek, but there was that Captain Scarlet CGI version they did a few years back, which might be a better target to aim for, quality-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    They'd be a lot more marketable with a colour/HD makeover, in my opinion. I

the question about should they colourize the Hartnell/Troughton stories has often come up and i've always been against the idea but a colourized animation might be a good waty to go - of course the only problem with that would be trying to get hold of colour photos for source matireal

I think they should do The Daleks Master Plan.

If Reign of Terror gets good sales and a positive reception from the public, then I think Crusade, 10th Planet, Moonbase and Ice Warriors are almost certain to be reconstructed in the same way. From the few clips that remain, Fury From The Deep might be a good choice as well. Or The Web of Fear. Or Power of the Daleks. Or I could go on all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard View Post
    If Reign of Terror gets good sales and a positive reception from the public, then I think Crusade, 10th Planet, Moonbase and Ice Warriors are almost certain to be reconstructed in the same way. From the few clips that remain, Fury From The Deep might be a good choice as well. Or The Web of Fear. Or Power of the Daleks. Or I could go on all night.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they would be "almost certain" but I think those 4 stories because they are each only missing one or a couple of episodes would seem the more likely candidates for another animated story. Personally I think cost will make it unlikely we'll see a 4 or 6 parter animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say they would be "almost certain" but I think those 4 stories because they are each only missing one or a couple of episodes would seem the more likely candidates for another animated story. Personally I think cost will make it unlikely we'll see a 4 or 6 parter animated.
    The most significant word in my post is the first. If...... If Reign of Terror sells well, then the other four, particulary Tenth Planet, will be good marketing possibilities.

But I agree with you that cost will probably make it unlikely that any others would be animated. Still, we can dream.
    Last edited by Junkyard; 17th Jul 2011 at 1:33 PM.

well having a box set of The Crusade, Tenth Planet, Moonbase and Ice Warriors, with all the missing episodes animated would make a fantastic 50th anniversary release.

Well, it might not sell brilliantly but I'd love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I think they should do The Daleks Master Plan.
    Quoted for truth.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?