Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rule 1 - The Restoration Team lies.

Si.

Toby Hadoke said he was playing one of the other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Rule 1 - The Restoration Team lies.
    Don't they just! They made me look like a liar for telling people what Carole Ann Ford said in August. Anyway glad that the Planet of Giants recreation is happening after all.

Well that's that settled.

I know there's always been debate about the proper titles for the early stories, but '#doctorwho @classicdw Planet of Giants' is taking it a bit far.

It just rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

There's no answer to that!

You realise that they only got that title because they couldn't run to a story about massive strawberries. i quite like the sound of Punnet of Giants...

So the latest DWM reveals that neither of the 2 newly discovered episodes will see the light of a DVD release in 2012!
    It does mention that both are currently listed to be included on seperate releases. Rumours suggest that if The Reign of Terror and possibly something else that hasn't been announced do well then a part animated release of The Underwater Menace could be on cards.

Does anyone know the Legacy boxset which includes Shada is due this year
    as I'd imagine that would be a good candidate to include Airlock on?

That's frustrating and, if I might say, unopportunistic.

I'd gladly buy them twice if they rush released them as a vanilla disc, and then brought them out again properly alongside some nice animated episodes.

Si.

I'd be happy to wait to get the whole of The Underwater Menace next year but if The Reign of Terror does poorly then that may not even happen. I can only guess there's still a fair bit of restoration work to do on Airlock before it's ready to be released but I would've liked to have a least seen that this year. If that means the Legacy set isn't coming out this year I shall be disappointed.

Speaking of being opportunistic Dan Hall is now saying that whilst lots of exciting things will be happening next year the DVD range will almost certainly not come to an end in 2013. Lots more re-releases seem to be on the horizon.

Air Lock is going on The Tenth Planet. They have to wait until early 2013 for the animated episode four to be ready*.

The Underwater Menace 3, meanwhile, is currently expected to go on The Ice Warriors* (which won't be ready until after The Tenth Planet), however, should sales of The Reign of Terror be healthy enough, there's always the possibility that funding could become available to animate the rest of The Underwater Menace - and that's something I'd be quite happy to wait for, an extra and unexpected 'complete' story.

BBC Worldwide are very much against the idea of "double-dipping" on something so important.

The Legacy Set will be out this autumn, I imagine.

(*Educated guess)

The Tenth Planet was the elephant in the room release I was referring to earlier but it's worth restating that there's still no official confirmation whatever that either that story or The Ice Warriors are coming out as seperate releases.
    Although what JR has just stated makes perfect sense just saying if something changes between now and next year don't be surprised. Nothing has been promised yet.

If they do tag Underwater Menace to the latter story I hope they include both episodes for convenience. It would be a pain to have to switch discs to Lost in Time just to be able to watch episode 3.

Can I just say I find it very disorientating for someone to state something as fact then at the end put in an asterisk that it's just a guess! You do kind of read it and go "Wow! Yes!" and then get to the end and realise it's not true at all.

Si.

Well, it makes sense to tag them on to other releases. Until they're all officially announced, I think we should wait and see

Thanks for sharing though JR.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Until they're all officially announced, I think we should wait and see
    Always the best advice! I like speculating, but until things are actually confirmed, I always take everything with a pinch of salt. Even my own posts!

I'm only slightly confused. No, I'm not, I'm totally bloody baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Southall View Post
    Always the best advice! I like speculating, but until things are actually confirmed, I always take everything with a pinch of salt. Even my own posts!
    I'm not sure I should believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Aged Loomsy View Post
    I'm only slightly confused. No, I'm not, I'm totally bloody baffled.
    I know the feeling...