Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2012 confirmed and rumoured releases

Well, with more or less all the stories for release in 2011 now having been totally confirmed, it's time to think about 2012, and what will be released then.

DWM 434 gave a list of planned releases, although it can be expected that there will be other releases set in the Doctor Who universe, and some things do change...

Here's the list of planned releases so far:

Colony in Space (there's speculation that this could be pushed forward to the end of 2011)
    Revisitations 3 (Tomb of the Cybermen/The Three Doctors/Robots of Death)
    The Sensorites
    The Reign of Terror (with animated episodes)
    Planet of Giants
    The Krotons
    Death to the Daleks
    Terror of the Zygons
    The Android Invasion
    The Face of Evil
    Nightmare of Eden
    Vengeance on Varos (Special Edition)
    Ace Box Set (Dragonfire/The Happiness Patrol)
    The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

I think it's safe to assume that some of these that haven't been announced as box sets will probably be released as such. It was also speculated that Shada would be released in a box set with another story. Unless something is going to be re-released, then I'd say that Nightmare of Eden would be the most likely candidate.

Stories that were not included in the DWM list, and so will probably be released in 2013:

The Tenth Planet
    The Ice Warriors
    The Ambassadors of Death
    The Mind of Evil
    The Daemons
    Invasion of the Dinosaurs
    Shada (although see my speculation above)

So, people... speculate away!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Colony in Space seems definite- the production notes were completed yesterday apparently.

Greatest Show still seems to be on course for the final release I believe. Though I may be wrong about this.

Nick Pegg has completed the Nightmare of Eden production subs too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Greatest Show still seems to be on course for the final release I believe. Though I may be wrong about this.

if not the last at the very least I think it will be released some time in 2013, along with the special edition of Vengeance on Varos as 2/entertain, will I think want to release at least one story for each Doctor. Of course that would mean a 5th Doctor story getting a re-release .

They haven't released The Five Doctors for a while... perhaps we could have a commentary from Moffat, Smith and Gillan this time?

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Really? I'd heard that The Daemons was planned to be the last release!

Although if they do experiment with further animations, then it may not be...

And, frankly, I'd LOVE a Special Edition of The Green Death - they tried to cram too much onto that disk, and so the story just looks terrible, in comparison to other Pertwee stories of that time.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    They haven't released The Five Doctors for a while... perhaps we could have a commentary from Moffat, Smith and Gillan this time?
    if they did please tell me there isn't anybody out there sad enough to buy it for a 3rd time (4th if you include vhs)

I've already bought it 4 times - standard and special edtiion on VHS (the latter doubled up with King's Demons of course) and standard and special edition on DVD! And I doubt that I'm alone in that...

It only costs the same as about 24 loo rolls. It's not like that's going to break the bank every decade.

Si.

I'd (grudgingly) buy another version of The Five Doctors, if they corrected the colour grading of the film inserts. And Black Orchid and Invasion of Time...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The Five Doctors keeps getting rereleased every 5 years or so (1985, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2008). They should leave it alone now. They've released it to death. What are they going to do next if they rerelease it? Have it as a 4-disc box set with the original, extended, 1985 VHS/American version and 4-part repeat versions?

Have it as a 4-disc box set with the original, extended, 1985 VHS/American version and 4-part repeat versions?
    Yes Please!

And new special effects including a CGI William Hartnell.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Leptil View Post
    The Five Doctors keeps getting rereleased every 5 years or so (1985, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2008). They should leave it alone now. ?

agreed, there are not to many 5th Doctor, stories you could do for a re-visitations set The Visitaion and Earthshock are probably the only candidates.

I would think the sales of Vengeance on Varos SE may see off the whole Revisitations business. It's certainly the first Doctor Who release in 20 years I won't be getting on release.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Leptil View Post
    The Five Doctors keeps getting rereleased every 5 years or so (1985, 1990, 1995, 1999, 2008). They should leave it alone now.
    Why do I suddenly see it being released with the Three Doctors, plus Silver Nemesis and/or The Two Doctors in time for the golden anniversary. Many Doctors/Anniversaries boxset anyone...?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Why do I suddenly see it being released with the Three Doctors, plus Silver Nemesis and/or The Two Doctors in time for the golden anniversary. Many Doctors/Anniversaries boxset anyone...?

a re-released multi-Doctor, story box set surpprised nobody's thought of that one.

2Entertain always come to me for all their half-baked ideas, hadn't you noticed?

It's almost entirely a confirmed or unconfirmed certain possibility that 2|Entertain will or could release the following in 2012:
    Five editions of The Five Doctors, each with a different Doctor featured prominently on the cover.
    Three editions of The Three Doctors.
    Two editions of The Two Doctors.
    Adventures In Time And Space: The Doctor Who Box Set featuring 'vanilla' versions of all the DVD releases, no special features.

And Scream of the Shalka.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Now come on Steve, I was making sensible suggestions!

I'm looking forward to the Make Your Own Adventure Boxset - Steve's vanilla complete run set, only the raspberry ripple versions: no stories... The ultimate collector's item! Huzzah!

has there been any rumours if there is going to be any more releases this year after Day of the Daleks..?

We're getting 'The UNIT Box' in January 2012, which will have a Tom Baker story in it.
    The others this year are:
    Day of The Daleks: 12 Sept
    Colony In Space: 03 Oct

Also due this year are a Complete David Tennant Box Set, Miracle Day in November, the Sarah Jane Adventures Series 4 and Series 6 of Doctor DW Who.

Yes! Let's speculate on the UNIT box!

I was going to say "Robot" for Tom Baker, but then "The Android Invasion" seeing as it's.... also planned for release this year... Ok, so "Robot" it is then.
    Possibly "Mind Of Evil"? Or maybe "The Daemons". I'd rather have "Mind Of Evil" as it's got more UNIT action in this.
    A third UNIT story though? Now I'm stumped.

Invasion of the Dinos and The Android Invasion I reckons.