Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

I don't!

OR, how many more people who don't own it already are deciding each week that they need it in their lives?

I mean, it's amazing. It's not JUST selling. Apart from Winehouse, more people bought "21" last week than ANY other album. It's flying out the shops! And this after all these months of millions of people already buying it. It's no wonder she doesn't bother doing videos these days.

Si.

I know I'm predisposed to not liking that sort of thing, but the fact that Adele names her albums after her age (19, 21) seems pretty narcissistic and self-absorbed to me. I get the impression that the albums will just be Adele moaning about her problems.

And I haven't heard a single track by her! It's sheer prejudice.

Ah! The secret of her success, as reported in The Sun yesterday:

I used to have to lock myself away in my house, get pretty drunk and write a drunk diary - and that was the first time I could admit things to myself. A drunk tongue is an honest one in my opinion and the next morning I would read it through with an awful hangover and, in the cold light of day, had to absorb my feelings about myself. I was a bit scared that I wouldn't be articulate enough. When I was 18 or 19 I didn't regret anything, I was very much a teenager and thought I knew it all. I started realising my own flaws and my disappointments and I started regretting a lot of stuff. It was quite an awakening.

Well she named one album after her age, and then she did it again. It's not really like a habit. If I have angel delight twice in my lifetime, you shouldn't berate me for keep eating angel delight. I very much doubt the next one will be called "23".

"47", maybe, given the lack of hurry she seems to be in to record anything new. And who can blame her? Rich cow.

Si.

It's not really like a habit.
    On the other hand, that's two albums out of two, making a 100% correlation. If we extrapolate from the existing data, then we'll always know how old Adele is.

Alabama Shakes' Boys & Girls album is today confirmed as the first Number 1 in the new Official Record Store Chart, which is unveiled on the eve of tomorrow's fifth annual Record Store Day.

The Official Charts Company has teamed up with Record Store Day UK to launch the brand new chart, which reflects sales through 100 of the UK’s coolest and most vibrant independent record shops.

The full Official Record Store Chart Top 40 is being unveiled this afternoon at 5pm at OfficialCharts.com and on the legendary Steve Lamacq’s BBC 6Music radio show. From this week on, the new weekly chart will be revealed at 7pm every Sunday at OfficialCharts.com - and circulated to all participating retailers for display instore.

Official Charts Company Managing Director, Martin Talbot, says: "The first Official Record Store Chart underlines exactly why this is going to be an important way of promoting new music, with Alabama Shakes leading the way in a Top 10 featuring Shins, Jim Lockey and Trembling Bells, among others. The fact that there are also places for established acts such as Adele, Lana Del Rey and Graham Coxon underlines the catholic tastes represented by independent stores.
    The full Top 40 can be found here, but here's the Top 10...

1) Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls
    2) Adele - 21
    3) Trembling Bells - The Marble Downs
    4) Graham Coxon - A&E
    5) M Ward - A Wasteland Companion
    6) Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
    7) Jim Lockey & The Solemn Sun - Death
    8) Black Keys - El Camino
    9) Dr John - Locked Down
    10) Shins - Port Of Morrow

Last edited by Perry Vale; 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:20 PM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm glad there is another chart which Adele can chart highly in. She needs more hits.

Si.