Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

No, it's a little room on a mountain where everyone wears a cowl and you need a password and a secret knock to get in.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    Where do you go for your chart info anyway James, are you a member on CHC?
    I was listening to Radio 1's album chart rundown earlier.

*Runs off to find CHC...*

Doesn't look like "I'm A Celeb" has helped the Matt Willis album.

Ahh, it's the Chart Clarity forums! I should've worked that out from CHC bit.

Summary
    Singles

1 T That
    2 Booty luv

Top 10
    Morrissey
    Lazy Town!!!!

Mariah would be top 15 if allowed to chart!!! As would chasing cars!

Top 15
    Jamelia
    Thunder

Top 20
    Scissors

Top 25
    Gwen S

Top 30
    Slade
    Pogues

Top 40
    Embrace
    P Nutini
    P diddy/C aguilera
    Wham *excluded*
    Lil Chris

Top 60
    Lily allen
    Rapture

Top 75
    Katie and Peter

Top 80
    Matt Willis

Albums

1 Take That
    2 Westlife (almost half tthats sales)
    3 Oasis (64 copies behind)

Top 25
    Gwen s

Top 50
    A Bocelli

Top 60
    Mary J Blige
    Babyshambles ep ??
    Lil Chris

Top 65
    Emma Bunton
    It's good news for LazyTown.

I was just popping in to say pity the Bunton, Donovan and Matt's Willies.

I didn't even notice Willis had a single out. Pity Bunton, but if we're honest we should have been expecting it.

What is the Morrissey song? Another one off "Ringleaders"?

I hope Lily Allen is on physicals. Major dissapointments in store for Jamelia and Scissor Sisters, then.

Si.

Lily Allen is downloads only.

Jamelia suffered by not putting this out as the lead single, plus it's a bit similar to "SOS" by Rihanna. Scissor Sisters suffered by putting out a particularly dull single from a big selling album, but not having big hits didn't do their last album any harm.

Any idea what the Morrissey single is? Did "In The Future When All's Well" ever come out, and where did it reach? What have the singles been from his current album, I've lost track.

Popjustice have been wetting themselves over the Jamelia track for months, but it's sounds a bit nothingy to me.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Any idea what the Morrissey single is?
    I Just Want To See The Boy Happy.

Did "In The Future When All's Well" ever come out, and where did it reach? What have the singles been from his current album, I've lost track.
    'In The Future' came out in august, don't know how it did.

Don't know which ones he's released, I'm past caring. When he's finally finished with it, The Smiths re-issues may finally see the light of day....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Popjustice have been wetting themselves over the Jamelia track for months, but it's sounds a bit nothingy to me.
    I think thats one of the problems it has. It leaked at the same time the last single was released, so everyone's had it for months now.

I need to revisit "Tormenters" after I've finished revisiting Dylan's "Modern Times". Checking Amazon, the singles have been "You Have Killed Me", "The Youngest Was The Most Loved", "In The Future When All's Well" and this new one "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy". I think "In The Future..." missed the Top 10, so for this new single (the albums fourth!) to make the Top 10 and reverse the trend would be impressive indeed.

The album is 5.99p on Amazon btw, if anyone fancies it.

Si.

Kids' TV to hit top the charts
    Virgin Net

An infectious novelty song from kids' TV show LazyTown could be set to win the race for Christmas number one.

According to latest mid-week sales figures, 'Bing Bang (Time To Dance)' is on course to top the charts on Sunday, having overtaken Take That and is currently outselling the current number one single 'Patience'.

And if it maintains its current sales rate it will have a chance of being crowned this year's Christmas number one on December 24.

'Bing Bang (Time To Dance)' is thought to be popular among young children in the run-up to Christmas, but the song - and accompanying dance routine - also has a cult following among students

LazyTown is an Icelandic TV show, which encourages children to go outside and be active, instead of staying inside and playing video games all day.

Characters in the show include pink-haired Stephanie and sporty hero Sportacus as well as Ziggy, Trixie, Stingy, and Pixel.

Songs by childrens TV character have a history of topping the charts at Christmas. In 2000, Bob The Builder beat Eminem to the Christmas top spot, while Take That were beaten by Mr Blobby in 1993.

However, the X-Factor winner, Matt Willis, Girls Aloud, All Angels and Cliff Richard will all be hoping to beat LazyTown to the top on December 24.

I've just bet seven thousand pounds that Matt Willis will be Christmas Number 1. There are great odds.

Si.

Worship Sportacus!!

Songs by childrens TV character have a history of topping the charts at Christmas. In 2000, Bob The Builder beat Eminem to the Christmas top spot, while Take That were beaten by Mr Blobby in 1993.

However, the X-Factor winner, Matt Willis, Girls Aloud, All Angels and Cliff Richard will all be hoping to beat LazyTown to the top on December 24.
    It's almost time for a new Cliff thread. The TV ads for his Live DVD are sublime.

I reckon the X-Factor winner will end up at No. 1

Stefani's album in at 26, Lil' Piss at 54 and Bunton at 65.

Take That still top both the singles and albums charts.

Big new entries for LazyTown, Gwen Stefani, Chris Cornell, Morrissey, and, best of all, The Pogues with Kirsty Macoll and Slade!

Disappointing new entry for Scissor Sisters at 19, though. It's not as catchy as the last single, but it's still a pretty good song.

Poor Bunt's C**t.

At least she's doing well in that wretched dance thing if not the album charts.

Bunton still managed to shift over 12,000 copies. That would probably would be enough for a Top 15 album in the middle of the Summer.

Album sales were huge last week. 100,000 to break the top five and 45,000 just to make the top twenty. Even Sir Cliff and G4 shifted about 30,000 copies each at numbers 33 and 38. That would be enough to top the chart some weeks.

Katie Price & Peter Andre sold 30765 last week. Music Week claimed it sold more in its first week than Andre's chart topping Natural album ten years ago. He's clearly bigger than ever!!

Is "Fairytale of New York" out on physicals again next week? I've no problem with that, it's just odd as it was only re-issued last year. Of course, as probably the most popular Christmas song of all time, once downloads kick in next year it's going to be a hit probably every year from now on until forevermore anyway!

Si.

It's still charting under the 52 weeks of eligability it has from last year's release, it's not been reissued. It'll be excluded from the chart Xmas week! Then allowed back in the chart the week after when the 52 week rule is removed....

Detailed album chart info from Music Week:

Take That make it three weeks at the top

Confounding critics and exceeding expectations, Take That’s double whammy continues with Patience enjoying a third week at the singles summit while Beautiful World is the number one album for the second week in a row, writes Alan Jones.

The veteran Mancunian band, who reformed after a hiatus of more than 10 years, are enjoying extended success with their ninth number one single and fourth number one album.

Both achieved exceedingly comfortable victories: Patience’s sales dipped marginally from 38,337 to 37,894, giving it a 98.8% margin over Booty Luv’s Boogie 2 Nite, which rises 3-2 on sales of 19,057; just 31 more than Akon & Eminem’s Smack That, which it swaps places with.

Beautiful World powered to a second week sale of 199,185. That’s 17.9% up on its first week sale of 168,954, and an impressive 48.6% clear of nearest challengers Oasis’ Stop The Clocks, which climbs 3-2 in a Top 10 in which there are no new entries.

The Love Album by Westlife rebounds 4-3 on sales of 123,812, while Il Divo fall 2-4 with Siempre on sales of 119,078. Completing a top five in which all of the titles sold more than 100,000, U2’s 18 Singles compilation had an excellent week, and climbs 6-5 on sales of 105,672 - a 23.24% improvement.

The Beatles‘ Love dips 5-8, while its sales fall 4.5% to 91,057. The Sound Of Girls Aloud is in seventh place for the third week in a row, despite its sales strengthening by 23.7% to 84,082.

Increased sales also combine with static chart placings for George Michael’s Twenty Five (8-8, on sales up 13.8% at 76,734); Fron Male Voice Choir’s Voices Of The Valley (9-9, despite a 29.7% increase in sales to 73,248); and Jamiroquai‘s High Times: Singles 1993-2006 (10-10, up 19% at 67,006).

Making valiant efforts to return to the Top 10 but failing despite excellent sales were the current albums from The Sugababes and Pink.

The Sugababes’ Overloaded: The Singles Collection improves 15-11 on sales of 66,956, 49.5% up week-on-week.

Fourth single Nobody Knows peaked a fortnight ago at number 27 but Pink’s I’m Not Dead album sprints 19-12, an impressive leap accompanied by a 70.7% increase in sales week-on-week to 65,250. That makes it the biggest week of the album’s 36 week career, beating the 39,892 copies it sold while debuting at number three in April. The album’s cumulative sales of 637,665 already exceed 2003’s Try This (486,665) and 2000’s Can’t Take Me Home (421,247). Pink’s 2001 blockbuster Missundaztood - 1,713,832 and counting - outsells all the rest put together, however.

First single Wind It Up debuts at number eight on sales of 10,381 downloads, but Gwen Stefani’s second solo album, The Sweet Escape has to settle for a number 26 debut on sales of 33,632. The album makes a slower start than Stefani’s first solo set Love. Angel. Music. Baby, which made its debut two years ago last week at number 14 on sales of 45,484. It peaked 24 weeks later at number four, and will by now have passed the million sales mark, having sold 999,997 copies to close of business on Saturday.

With 32 chart singles to her credit, Mary J. Blige’s first ever hits compilation was long overdue, and finally arrived last Monday in the form of Reflections (A Retrospective), which plays host to 15 of those hits, and adds four new recordings. It debuts very conservatively at number 42 on sales of 23,839. Blige’s last album, The Breakthrough, released on 12 December last year, scored her best first week sales (24,485) but debuted at a lowly number 48., ending a run of four Top 10 albums for one of urban music’s most successful artists.

Despite her terpsichorean talents winning her acclaim on Strictly Come Dancing, and the number three peak scaled by introductory single Downtown, Emma Bunton’s third solo album, Life In Mono, makes an inauspicious start to its chart career, debuting at number 65 on sales of 12,307. Bunton’s first solo album, A Girl Like Me opened at number four on sales of 21,694, while 2004 follow-up Free Me debuted at number seven on sales of 33,091. The least successful album by a former Spice Girl remains Melanie Brown’s LA State Of Mind, which has sold 1,509 copies since its 2005 release.

Combined sales of the Top 10 artist albums last week totalled 1,073,928 - just 4% up on the previous week, whereas the overall artist album market - subdued because of bad weather early in the week - eventually improved by 15.7% week-on-week to 4,804,149.

The compilation sector had a much better week, with sales increasing by 32.3% to 1,505,431, although Now! 65 - number one for the third straight week - barely benefited, with its sales climbing by just 325 to 165,652. Radio 1’s Live Lounge climbs 3-2 on sales up 43.1% at 64,523, and Eminem Presents The Re-Up debuts at number three on sales of 60,696. Every album in the Top 10 increased sales, whereas only seven of the Top 10 artist albums made gains.

Overall album sales at 6,309,580, were up 19.3% week-on-week but down 5.5% on the same week in 2006, when they totalled 6,674,018.

The top 16 artist albums all sold upwards of 50,000 copies last week, and the top 72 sold more than 10,000 copies, with the number 75 album (An Other Cup by Yusuf) selling a highly respectable 9,539 copies. A year ago, 25 albums sold more than 50,000, 79 albums exceeded the 10,000 mark and the number 75 (Tissues And Issues by Charlotte Church) sold 11,359 copies.
    1,509 copies!!
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 12th Dec 2006 at 1:31 AM.

I reckon I personally know 37% of the people that bought "LA State Of Mind".

Si.