Thread: Primeval

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Bad things about this episode - Hannah Spearitt's inexplicable and spontaneous "His brother!" when Returning Bloke met Ethan. A guess PERHAPS but by gad the girl was right. Seriously, would you deduce that just because two blokes who look nothing like each other hugged? Lazy writing, I'd say.
    She probably remembered Danny's reason for getting involved in the first place, that his brother had disappeared into an anomaly when he was young. Something I'd completely forgotten, but it came back to me after that. So she'd known he was looking for his brother who'd disappeared into an anomaly years ago, she knew this guy had come out of one, then she saw they recognised each other... it kind of follows really. There's no other reason as to why they would know each other that readily springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    She probably remembered Danny's reason for getting involved in the first place, that his brother had disappeared into an anomaly when he was young. Something I'd completely forgotten, but it came back to me after that. So she'd known he was looking for his brother who'd disappeared into an anomaly years ago, she knew this guy had come out of one, then she saw they recognised each other... it kind of follows really. There's no other reason as to why they would know each other that readily springs to mind.
    And doesn't Danny say 'Patrick' out loud when he sees him, Abby would know this was his brother's name from Danny's first episode.

I'd like to know where he picked up his accent from though.

Primeval has been spun off into a new, original series by Canadian broadcaster SPACE. Titled Primeval: New World, the 13 x 1 hour show began shooting in Vancouver back in February. Primeval: New World follows a team of animal experts and scientists that investigates the appearance of temporal anomalies and battles both prehistoric and futuristic creatures. Developed in association with Omni Film Productions and Impossible Pictures, Primeval: New World will deliver all the thrills and gripping storylines that fans of the British series have grown to love, but this time set in a North American world of adventure. The cast features Niall Matter, Sara Canning, Miranda Frigon, Geoff Gustafson, Danny Rahim and guest starring Andrew-Lee Potts. Amanda Tapping, Andy Mikita, Martin Wood and Mike Rohl are set to direct.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

It's amazing so much life has been squeezed from this format. No trip to North America for Hannah Spearitt, then.

Si.

It's the series that will not die!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Gosh. I had no idea that there was any interest in this show anymore!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Bizarre - and yet Dirk Gently's been axed after 3 episodes!!

Primeval is just so frustrating - it started well, stepped up a gear in series 2, but since then has faffed about never being as good as it really could be if they just put some real effort to it. The last batch (series 5, I think, which was on Watch last year) was just bad, with the last episode seeming to drag on and on... It could be a really great show, but isn't, and yet (like Torchwood!) I'm surprisingly excited to hear it's, sort of, coming back - again!

Series 5 or whatever it is is finally on ITV1 this weekend having been on Dave or wherever it was about a year ago.

I see that the phrase "new world" was mentioned by Phillip to Connor a couple of times tonight
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Well, having become a bit disinterested with S4 by the end of it, I really enjoyed this first episode.

I see that the phrase "new world" was mentioned by Phillip to Connor a couple of times tonight
    Perhaps he's talking about a world where London looks uncannily like Ireland?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Bizarre - and yet Dirk Gently's been axed after 3 episodes!!

Primeval is just so frustrating - it started well, stepped up a gear in series 2, but since then has faffed about never being as good as it really could be if they just put some real effort to it. The last batch (series 5, I think, which was on Watch last year) was just bad, with the last episode seeming to drag on and on... It could be a really great show, but isn't, and yet (like Torchwood!) I'm surprisingly excited to hear it's, sort of, coming back - again!
    Personally I lost all hope there would ever be a proper resolution to all the outstanding paradoxes when they killed off Cutter. Douglas Henshall was Primeval for me.
    However for those that didn't see it on Watch last year the last episode of series five is worth watching when you get there.

The new series is currently underway on Watch

We're just about to watch it now - it's extraordinary, they just seem unable to kill this show off!!

I thought that it was quite good seeing as it's been "Canadianised". Nice to see Andrew Lee Potts handing over the baton. Looking forward to seeing if he's in any more episodes.

I might watch the next episode but then again I might not. I know the UK version was never great but at least it never transcended the boundaries of taste by showing lingering shots of mutilated bodies. Presumably there's no intention for ITV to ever show this version, or at least not without heavy editing!

I didn't think it was that graphic to be honest.

Canadian Broadcaster, Space have cancelled Primeval New World due to poor ratings. There will not be a second series.

Aw that's a shame, because I'd say it's improving week by week - not sure how many episodes are left, but I'll be sad to see it go.

Mind you, it wouldn't be the first time Primeval was axed, so it might be back yet!

The time of the Osirians has long passed.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Canadian Broadcaster, Space have cancelled Primeval New World due to poor ratings. There will not be a second series.
    How interesting... I was sure someone was supposed to have said something about it being recommissioned at Gallifrey a week earlier.

That said as I gave up on it after episode 2 I shan't lose sleep over this news.