Thread: Google+

Default Google+

It's the latest social network craze that's sweeping the nation VERY SLOWLY, like an underpaid office cleaner when the boss's back is turned.

Have you been invited to join Google+? It's simple to use! First get an invite (PM me if you're desperate to join). Then find your friends and group them into 'Circles'. So you have circles of friends. That's clever. Then find out that it doesn't automatically link to your YouTube account.

After that you can 'Spark'! God knows what it does but it sounds great.

Also, you can 'Plus One' almost anything, giving it an extra point! Isn't that great? If you join Google Plus you can 'Plus One' to Google Plus to tell Google Plus how great Google Plus is! Plus One to that!

Read more about it here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/13/google_plus/ and here: http://www.stuff.tv/news/web/hands-o...le-plus-review

So, anyone give a damn?

I tried to join today cos someone sent me an invite but it told me off for having an out of date browser!

Every librarian on the planet seems to have an account and a mini-orgasm over using it. I have one, but so far so meh. Having IE7 in the office doesn't help as that utterly refuses to work with it. Sticking with Facebook, which for all its sins works. Betamax vs VHS anyone...
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Steve,

How do I find you on Google+ ?
    I'm on there and I've looked for "Steven Alexander" - but there's about a dozen of you - how do I find just you?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Guess what - you won't find Steven Alexander on there.

Tease.
    So who will I find on there - there aren't any results for 'Rob McCow' ?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I hardly ever use my facebook... I bet this is blocked from too anyway.

Yeah it does sound exciting, but let's face it Google tried to launch Buzz and it fell on it's face.

So this will stand or fall whether or not people use it. It may be wonderful, but if most of the people you follow are on Facebook ... you're not going to be tempted away. And the fact Google + has a limited initial amount of people allowed on it as well ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I have joined! I'm not quite sure what to do with it but I quite like the idea!

Si.

Much the same here Si. It looks nice but I'm not quite sure how to use it or what the point of it is, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Been on for a month or so. Posted maybe three things. Not yet convinced by its plans for global domination.

I agree with the Si's. Looks nice, like the theory of it, but it seems a bit lonely in there at the moment.

How does the invite thing work, anyone know? Now I have it, how many people can I invite?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I heard a rumour that someone posted something on their Google + feed last night.

But there was no truth in the rumour.

I'm on it, but I'm not that into it.

I have a few friends who are planning on deactiving their Facebook profile in September and switching to only using Google+. I won't be doing that until most of my friends are using both - I have too many friends back home that I'd lose contact with if I deactivated my Facebook account!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I heard a rumour that someone posted something on their Google + feed last night.

But there was no truth in the rumour.

I'm on there too, but I'm not sure why. But then I don't twitter either, both seem a bit pointless to me (as our Facebook status updates, admittedly, but hey, it's something to do when I'm bored).

I have a few friends who are planning on deactiving their Facebook profile in September and switching to only using Google+. I won't be doing that until most of my friends are using both - I have too many friends back home that I'd lose contact with if I deactivated my Facebook account!
    As much as Facebook annoys me - and quite how they manage to make every new site redesign worse each time is pretty amazing! - it's become the main way I contact people and organise social events (plus I like the odd game of Scrabble) so I can't see myself ever leaving it for good. At least unless google + or some other site really takes off and offers something that FB doesn't. And right now I can't see that happening, and as much as I have no time for Farmville and all the other games, I know a lot of people love them and that google + is so intentionally basic will mean that it won't attract those people.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    I have too many friends back home that I'd lose contact with if I deactivated my Facebook account!
    Yeah, I'd feel a hermit without my account.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Well, I just joined up. I can get on there at work for now, but I can't play Angry Birds cuz the Firefox browser work allows us to have is old.

I found a few of you, but for others there are too many people with the same name, so feel free to add the Jeff Althoff with the lightning bolt... NOT the one from 'Zuercher Technologies'