View Poll Results: Who's the best new Torchwood person / team-member / hanger-on?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rex!

3 33.33%
  • Esther!

0 0%
  • Dr Vera!

6 66.67%

Default Friday Poll: The New Team Torchwood!

What do we think of the new Torchwood team? We're at Episode 3 and I reckon there's at least two new members, but I'm going to count Vera as well because she's more competent than anyone else, plus she saved Jack's life. And if you're having it off regularly with Torchwood, you're IN Torchwood.*

Rex Matheson: Rex is a high-flying agent for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) who begins to investigate Torchwood after being personally affected by a global supernatural event.

Esther Drummond: Esther is a Central Intelligence Agency watch analyst who becomes aware of the defunct British Torchwood Institute on "Miracle Day". Her initial standing as a desk-bound computer and technology expert puts her in contrast with the tougher and more action-orientated characters in the series.

Dr. Vera Juarez: An attending surgeon in Washington D.C., she's smart, fast talking and hard working, Vera is on the frontline of medical care on "Miracle Day". As the world crisis grows, Vera's surgical and ER experience sees her recruited to advise on government think-tanks. Sexy, confident and passionate, Vera's life is soon inextricably tangled up with Rex's.

*so the barman from ep3 doesn't count, ner.

So who's the best? What do you think of these new characters?

Voted Rex. For the simple reason if it gets another series, he probably won't be in it! That can't be a spoiler can it? You've seen his injuries and how people aren't dying.

And as for the other non Torchwood crew, I like Oswald Danes, can't wait to see how he develops and I'm seriously shallow over Jilly Kitzinger.
    I mean if Jack was involved in a nude scene we might see more of Jilly?
    Hopefully...

In terms of character, Rex.

In terms of eye-candy, Esther.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Vera is the outstanding one for me, because she's grounded and normal, and thus rather likeable. Rex is too shouty and gun happy and Esther is so kooky it's amazing she can walk in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    In terms of character, Rex.

In terms of eye-candy, Esther.
    Discorrectness.

Vera's both the most interesting and the hottest. I fink.

I think it's got to be Vera, really because the other two have yet to make an impression with me. The shocking shortness of her skirt in the first 'abandoned hospital' scene on Thursday has nothing to do with my voting choice whatsoever. Nope.

I'm assuming anyone reading this thread has seen all the UK transmitted episodes ?

I'm delighted to see how popular Vera is. I think they made a mistake with what happened to her.

I agree with you, to be honest Rex and Esther never really grew on me and I felt both characters were a bit one note, so it's such a shame they killed Vera off so early on instead of one of those two. Actually, just Rex, given what happens to Esther in the finale.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I agree with you, to be honest Rex and Esther never really grew on me and I felt both characters were a bit one note, so it's such a shame they killed Vera off so early on instead of one of those two. Actually, just Rex, given what happens to Esther in the finale.
    The trouble is, Vera wasn't passive enough to be kept on. With Jack, Rex and Gwen yelling at each other constantly, only someone as weedy as Esther fitted in.

Having said that, she did grow on me - character-wise and hotness-wise - and I was quite sad that she didn't make it right to the end. (Likewise icehot badass Charlotte, who was definitely providing MASSIVE GLAMOUR in the last two episodes. I hoped she'd live to pout another day, but alas ...)

Yes, all in all, quite a high body count - so plenty of potential new Torchwooders throughout, but if we're awarding extra merit for actually surviving, there aren't many winners!!