• Barely Heated

0 0%
  • Actually Cold

0 0%
  • Iced Up

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    I think it was just a rather clumsy way to make it apparent that he was actually reading the woman's speech, and therefore siding with her/Ficor, and not just making up his own speech as he seemed to be doing.
    I don't think that was the idea at all. I think he's entirely self-serving. Jilly's expressions did not give the idea that she knew what he was saying at all. He doesn't want to read Phicorp's prepared speech, and he doesn't want to help Jack. Jack's words made some impression on him though, so he goes out and says his own words to create his own image, but ends it apparently on Phicorp's side because they are still protecting him (he's had ample demonstration that a lot of people still hate him) for the time being, and he'll use them until he no longer feels he needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    . The whole point of an intelligence gathering mission is that you have to come out of it to report back you stupid woman!
    That sentence made me think of the alternate universe where Gordon Kaye is on the Torchwood team!
    And now I want to see it...

"You stupid womaaan! Can you not see that she has come so 'ard, she has forgotten where she is?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    I don't think that was the idea at all. I think he's entirely self-serving. Jilly's expressions did not give the idea that she knew what he was saying at all. He doesn't want to read Phicorp's prepared speech, and he doesn't want to help Jack. Jack's words made some impression on him though, so he goes out and says his own words to create his own image, but ends it apparently on Phicorp's side because they are still protecting him (he's had ample demonstration that a lot of people still hate him) for the time being, and he'll use them until he no longer feels he needs them.
    Absolutely. I thought it couldn't be clearer that he was creating his own speech, one that initially Lauren Ambrose's character didn't know in which direction it was leading, before deciding to side with Phicorp (whilst protecting his own interests at the same time). I still struggle with the whole idea that a paedophile who bragged out about how much he enjoyed killing the child would become a hero though, whatever the circumstances.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I would have had some trouble with that too, but for a couple of things. One, I have seen too many people believe weird and outlandish things that fly in the face of all reason, and two (though related) it wasn't that long ago that some people in his local area turned up declaring Raoul Moat a hero, after he shot his ex-girlfriend, murdered her new boyfriend, then randomly shot another policeman in the face, and all the while claiming it was their own fault.

Oswald Danes was the very public first face of the miracle, and to some the fact that this miracle even spared a monster like him from death would be enough to elevate him to some kind of iconic status.