Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nusy...&feature=share

I'll say this, she can't half run! (And I would have picked the "Past" woman instead)

In my Inbox this morning, but I still prefer to go to the shops to buy it:

New Album Out July 7th

'Futurology' is the new album from the Manic Street Preachers, released on July 7th.

"One of their boldest and best."
    - GQ

"Full of fire and vitality... Failure is not an option."
    - Q Magazine

"Celebrate Futurology - celebrate the Manic Street Preachers."
    - Gigwise

"One of the most interesting albums for a long, long time..."
    - NME

Pre-orders are open now.

- Click here to order via the Official Store for a signed copy of the ltd edition 2CD Folio.

- Click here to order via iTunes for an immediate download of 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' and 'Walk Me To The Bridge'.

Tracklisting: 'Futurology' - 'Walk Me To The Bridge' - 'Let's Go To War' - 'The Next Jet To Leave Moscow' - 'Europa Geht Durch Mich' - 'Divine Youth' - 'Sex, Power Love and Money' - 'Dreaming A City (Hughesovka)' - 'Black Square' - 'Between The Clock And The Bed' - 'Misguided Missile' - 'The View From Stow Hill' - 'Mayakovsky'

Nah, bet it's an album full of half-baked navel-gazing dirges. That seems to be their forte this century.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well if you loved the Manics in their earlier days, then you can rejoice and see them return as just a three piece live band this Christmas then!

No way I can go to any with travel so close to Christmas. But this is the first time they've done an album only show. No idea how they are going to plan the setlist. But a 20th Anniversary box of the album is also due as well.
    I think Futurology is worthy of both 10th and 20th Anniversary boxes.

Whilst I like the Manics, I not a fan of The Holy Bible.

I'm more a fan of This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours and Everything Must Go.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Not much faith in the new material if they have to tour this old stuff then, is there? Mind you, everything they're singing about in THB is still relevant today.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well thanks to my sisters I can make the first Manchester date!
    Better to be seated and wished I was standing than to be standing and wishing I could sit down!
    I imagine Everything Must Go or This Is My Truth will get the box set treatment (And there was a 10th Anniversary box planned for This Is My Truth but record company never made it happen) and special live shows themselves in a few years time, so I'd hope to see you at a show soon Philip!

And also, Futurology is a steal at £5.99 in HMV!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Not much faith in the new material if they have to tour this old stuff then, is there? Mind you, everything they're singing about in THB is still relevant today.
    Well details of the sold out tour have been announced and they had me grateful to have got a ticket at the first sentence.

"The band will play two sets per night at each date. The first, beginning at 8.45 prompt, will feature The Holy Bible in full.
    After a ten-minute break, the band will play a second set featuring songs from Futurology as well as curios and a handful of classic hits. "

Although a fan for a bit, I haven't gone and seen them on every tour. I feel if I see this show (And I hope they come to terms a bit more with making money off Richey-That's what he would have wanted- and take this show around the world) then I will probably never have to see them life for years! (1996,2010 and hopefully 2014)

Just got back from Manchester. Surprisingly upbeat as gigs go!

Good to hear - The Manics have always been excellent live, haven't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Good to hear - The Manics have always been excellent live, haven't they?
    They always give good value. And last night you had the comedy of James playing the wrong intro to a song, getting shrieked at by the audience and going "I Know...".
    It was like a glimpse into what it's like being married to him and having him miss an exit during a drive!

Sorry to interrupt the Blur love, but I've got the DVD direct from the director's website of "No Manifesto". The delayed band documentary made with fans that covers 2005 to 2009 in the bands life.
    I really recommend it even if you aren't a fan as it's a wonderful documentary in it's own right!