Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Two very tough away games this week and 4pts collected thank you very much! We are now 5pts clear at the top. Could this be our season for getting back in the Championship? Am I getting to big for my boots too early? Well, this is Charlton so who the heck knows.

Up the Addicks!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Two very tough away games this week and 4pts collected thank you very much! We are now 5pts clear at the top. Could this be our season for getting back in the Championship? Am I getting to big for my boots too early? Well, this is Charlton so who the heck knows.

Up the Addicks!

and may I just say well done for beating those twisted and bitter Blades, one of the few clubs I hate with a passion - as for West Ham, good point at Crystal Palace, and pleased to see us twice coming back from a goal down when the last few seasons we'd of got walloped after going 1-0 down after just 5 minutes... But that's now undefeated in our first 5 away games and it's a very long time since we achieved that. probably 1992/3.

We were lucky on Saturday as Tranmere played us off the park and they should have taken all three points. We would have been out there all night without scoring if it wasn't for a easy penalty the ref gave us.

Anyway, that's Charlton's best start in about 80 years I think and long may this unbeaten league run continue.

Up the Addicks!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

That's the unbeaten run over and done with. And who beat us after taking 4 pts at MK Dons and Sheff Utd?

Stevenage!

No disrespect intended but.....Stevenage!

That's the unbeaten run over and done with. And who beat us after taking 4 pts at MK Dons and Sheff Utd?

Stevenage!

No disrespect intended but.....Stevenage!

well I suppose it's better losing to a team lower down the league than it is to one of your rivals - we had a thumping 4-0 win against Blackpool, on Saturday (the 4th time we've hit 4 goals this season in one game) and by all accounts a top quality performance. Next up for us it's Southampton and Brighton away.

Tough games and although I haven't been following their results, Brighton are tough opposition.

I suppose that if we only lose once every 13 games, I shouldn't have anything to moan about.

and there's me thinking beat Southampton and we go top of the table I should of known better

Great 4-0 win yesterday! We're back!

1-0 win for the Gills, putting them firmly into the play-off places.

and a 1-0 win for West Ham, at Brighton, to move us back into 2nd place - no it wasn't pretty watching but Sam, has set us up in a certain way to play away from home and it's been effective. 1 defeat from 7 games and only 4 goals conceeded (2 of those in one game) .

Another good away win for Charlton last night opening up a three point gap as the other results went our way. Only one defeat in 15 games. Powell is the messiah after all!

It's been nice to see Arsenal finally winning some games this season!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

And another 4 goals today that's 10 in the last three games and we are now 5pts clear. I hope we can keep this up for the rest of the season

a frustrating 0-0 draw at home to Bristol City, we had 19 shots at goal but still couldn't get the preverbial team bus - we're just far to inconsistant right now and are not putting together those consistant runs of winning 5 or 6 successive games that you need to do if you're going to win automatic promotion.

Just got back from the Valley and another 5 goals sees us rip Preston apart. Just a shame we let them grab two late comsolation goals.

5 pts clear of Huddersfield and they are our next opponents at The Valley in a few weeks time which is live on Sky.

With wins for both Arsenal and City yesterday, both members of the Williams household are happy!

(God knows why the wife decided that she wanted to support Manchester City. I've already told her that I'm a fourth generation Arsenal fan, and that our children will also be Arsenal fans! )

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Just got back from the Valley and another 5 goals sees us rip Preston apart. Just a shame we let them grab two late comsolation goals.

5 pts clear of Huddersfield and they are our next opponents at The Valley in a few weeks time which is live on Sky.
    have to say Chris Powell, is doing a fantastic job he probably wasn't even on the list of most Charlton fans choice for manager but I doubt there are to many complaining right now.

I have to admit that despite winning his first five games, I still thought he was the wrong choice. We went from a play off place under Parkinson to mid table under Powell. I was certain that the fault lay at his door as it couldn't have been the squad of players he inherited as we were challening for promotion.

How wrong was I?

Last season's squad has all but gone and he signed 19 new players this season. The current squad can pass and score goals and he has made some truly inspiring signings.

However, as a life long Charlton fan, I am waiting for it all to go tits up like it normally does.

Despite it being a flattering scoreline - yet another 4 goal win for Charlton Yesterday. Halifax did well and came close a few times putting us under pressure, but we held out and scored three late goals.

I'm liking this new Charlton.
    Last edited by duncan; 14th Nov 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Well done Charlton
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

Despite it being a flattering scoreline - yet another 4 goal win for Charlton Yesterday. Halifax did well and came close a few times putting us under pressure, but we held out and scored three late goals.

I'm liking this new Charlton
    are you feeling confident enough to say you're going to win automatic promotion.

Not yet.

We have two tough games caming up next week which sees us away to Brentford who have already beaten us 3-0 at The Valley in the JPT. Then we are at home to 2nd place Huddersfield which has been moved to the Monday night for the Sky cameras.

It's too early to tell, but they really are working on it at the moment.

And we take another 6 points from those two games. I was especially pleased at taking Huddersfield's scalp last night with a fine 2-0 win thus ending their 43 game unbeaten run!

first off big hats off to Huddersfield. no doubt there will be the usual idiots who will try and make out it's a nothing record because it's only league 1 - but 43 games unbeaten is a fantastic record regardless of which division you're in.

Watched the game last night and have to say was very impressed by Charlton, they look a very well organised side brimming with confidence and you really can't see them not winning promotion.

West Ham, after 3 successive away wins now have a tough trip to Middlesbrough tonight with them and Cardiff, breathing down our necks it's certainly a game we simply can't afford to lose.

With just over half the season gone, I thought I'd look at how my predictions were shaping up, so:

1. Man Utd - Well, they are very much in the title race, currently in 2nd
    2. Man City - Again in the title race, and in 1st
    3. Chelsea - Still pushing for Champions League football but outside the titel race 4th
    4. Liverpool - Another team pushing for CL spots but currently 6th
    5. Arsenal - A poor start hampered them but building up strongly. 5th (spot on)
    6. Tottenham - The have achieved far more than I could have wished for. 3 points behind the leaders and level with Man Utd, 3rd
    7. Sunderland - Struggled under Bruce, but improving under O'Neill. 10th
    8. Everton - A real odd old season for Moyes' team. 11th
    9. Aston Villa - Not enough goals have been the problem. 13th
    10. Stoke - Doing better than I anticipated after a early season wobble, 8th
    11. Bolton - Boy, I got this one wrong so far. Relegation candidates 18th
    12. Fulham - A little below where I expected, 12th.
    13. Newcastle - The surprise of the season and still in the fight for CL football. 7th
    14. Wolves - Just above the drop zone, a little worse than I expected. 16th
    15. Blackburn - Despite some surprise wins against Man Utd, they're bottom of the pile. 18th
    16. West Brom - An unsurprising 15th at this midway stage.
    17. Norwich - Exceeding my expectations hugely, and very hard to beat. 9th
    18. Wigan - As anticipated, they're in the drop zone. 19th
    19. QPR - They've bought players but their form has lost Warnock his job. 17th
    20. Swansea - Not many goals scored, but conceding few as well. Doing very well at this juncture. 12th

League Cup - Sunderland - Man City, Liverpool, Cardiff and Crystal Palace in are the clubs in the semi's
    FA Cup - Man City - There chances of retaining their trophy went after their defeat to Man Utd in the third round.