Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sheffield Utd dropped 2pts in their game in hand tonight.

Nice!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Sheffield Utd dropped 2pts in their game in hand tonight.

Nice!

oh how i'd love it if that pathetic excuse for a football club fail to win promotion.

So would I!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The FA Cup match between Bolton and Spurs was called off after Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba collapsed. Muamba was given oxygen and a defibrillator was used on him before he was taken to hospital. Thankfully, latest reports on Sky Sports state that Muamba is in a stable condition. I hope he has a quick and full recovery.

It's not looking great as he is now critically ill according to latest reports. It's an awful thing to happen. I hope he pulls through this.

hope the lad pulls through and makes a full recovery and that there are no lasting side effects it's always more shocking when some one so young and fit suffers a heart attack even more so when you think that the modern day footballer is put through a rigorous battery of health and fitness checks.

I didn't see it, but that was shocking news. Hope he pulls through.

A sad weekend for football, all in. It probably wasn't widely reported down in England, but my local SPL team, Kilmarnock, played Celtic yesterday in the Scottish League Cup (or whatever it's called these days). Killie of course were the underdogs against huge favourites Celtic, but managed to pull off a memorable win, one which should have been one of the proudest, happiest days of most of those guys playing careers. Sadly though, after the final whistle the father of one player collapsed in the stand near the dugout as his son made his way to celebrate beside him. While his team-mates were liofting the trophy and collecting their medals, young Liam Kelly was watching paramedics trying in vain to save his dad.

We can only imagine what that young man is feeling. On what should have been the biggest day of his life, he loses his dad. He'll never be able to look back on his achievement with any great deal of happiness, will he? I suppose that his sole consolation as time passes will be the fact that the last thing his father ever saw was his sons team winning a national cup final.

Events like these certainly put things into perspective, don't they? A sad weekend for football, right enough.

I did read that on the BBC, but at the time they didn't report that his dad had died. That is awful, and as you say, it completely overshadows any achievements on the pitch.

Back to winning ways again tonight, with Sheff Wed slipping up that's us 11 pts clear of third place thank you very much!

It wasn't a good night to be a Leeds supporter last night! I don't thin k I've heard of that sort of scoreline in a long time.

Elsewhere, there was a good win for my local team Shrewsbury against Cheltenham, and they're back up to third. I hope they can stay in that top three and go up automatically, as absolutely no-one around here wants them to have to go through the trauma of the play-offs again.

Meanwhile, it seems Everton are having a lot of bad decisions made against them while 1-0 down at home to Arsenal...

Only one win in 4 for Charlton now after that defeat against Huddersfield on Saturday. With Sheff Utd not playing, they now have the chance to cut the gap to just 6 pts. And with them at home to basement bvoys Chesterfield tomorrow night, the chances are they will do just that.

Nerves are starting to fray at The Valley? I hope not. I really hope that what we have done this season will see us through to the championship.

and the Hammers after 5 successive draws finally got a desperatly needed win at Peterborough on Tuesday night to put us 1pt behind Reading - the big game in the Championship this season is West Ham v Reading, a game we simply have to win a draw will certainly be the better result for Reading but a win for them will all but put an end to West Ham's aautomatic promotion hopes.

It's so frustrating because by rights with the strength and size of squad we have we really should of had automatic promotion sown up by now but our home form has killed us this season. Successive home draws against Palace, Watford Doncaster and a very poor Middlesborough has cost us dearly in the last few weeks. In fact twice this season we have failed to beat the bottom of the table side at Upton Park and that simply isn't good enough.

Well, I'm hoping that the Gunners get a good result against QPR tomorrow. I really don't care about winning the Premiership, as long as we're ahead of Spurs. Seriously, I'd be happy if we were in 19th place, as long as Spurs were in 20th!

The wife, on the other hand, has decided that she's a Manchester City supporter. She's rather ticked off that United have overtaken them!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Excellent result for Charlton today. We are now 8pts clear of 3rd spot with 6 games to go. 3 more wins and I think we've done it!

Everton really have turned their season around lately, especially in the last week. Their performance at Sunderland midweek in the Cup was superb, possibly their best of the season, and now after booking a semi-final place against Liverpool, we find ourselves above the Reds in the Premeir League, thanks to a no-nonsense win at home to West Brom yesterday. Now, with Newcastle currently winning, there's every chance we'll still be above them tonight.

Everton's season always seems to start late, and despite some very poor results earlier in the season, it's amazing that we're now in 7th place - just makes you wonder what could be achieved if we came out fighting from the start. However, there's a good feeling about the club now that we could go all the way in the FA Cup, and it would be a fitting way to celebrate David Moyes' ten years in charge with his first trophy.

WTF Arsenal. Just when we're getting a good run of results, we got and lose to QPR. This is one of THE most frustrating seasons of recent times for being a Gunners fan!

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

and that defeat against Reading on Saturday has put an end to our automatic promotion hopes.

Don't give up hope until it's really over. reading just need to lose concentration for a bit and you can be right back in it with a few good results yourself. With 6 games remaining, there's still time.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Don't give up hope until it's really over. reading just need to lose concentration for a bit and you can be right back in it with a few good results yourself. With 6 games remaining, there's still time.

if we were winning games that would be ok but we've won only 8 of our last 20 games and only 1 of our last 8 home games now we realisticaly need to win at least 5 of our remaining 6 games and with our current form it simply isn't going to happen.

A good result for Charlton despite a card happy referee dishing out something like 11 yellows and three reds. We ended up with 9 men on the pitch but still won it 1-0.

Another 1-0 victory just 48 hrs later ses us 9pts clear of third with just 12pts to play for. I just can't bring myself to start celebrating yet.

Spurs' season is really starting to fall apart. Defeat today has let Newcastle get level on points with us. If Chelsea win tonight, we drop to fifth. And before our terrible defeat against Arsenal, we were more than ten points clear of these two clubs.

Gillingham also lost, and any chance of a play-off place has all but evaporated. A lousy day all round for my two clubs.

HA! It was great to see the Gunners to beat City over the weekend, even if it DID make for some tension in the Williams household!

----

Sheff Wed are losing at half time. We just need to beat Carlisle and we are promoted if Wednesday scoreline remains the same.