View Poll Results: Episode 4.6 - Any good?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - Can it get any better than this? Never!

0 0%
  • 09/10 - Hot, like module 1

0 0%
  • 08/10 - Warm, like a burning warehouse

0 0%
  • 07/10 - Better than the average episode, Booboo

1 33.33%
  • 06/10 - Just above the middle (men)

0 0%
  • 05/10 - The middle (men)

2 66.67%
  • 04/10 - (G)When will it all be over?

0 0%
  • 03/10 - Category 3 - alive? Only just.

0 0%
  • 02/10 - Category 2 - Dire

0 0%
  • 01/10 - Category 1 - Without Vera, you are nothing!

0 0%

Default Rate and Discuss 4.6: The Middle Men

So we're now over the halfway mark. Is it FAB, Torchwood are Go? Or, OMG, are Torchwood still not gone?

What do YOU think? (Yes, I'm talking to you.)

What do YOU think? (Yes, I'm talking to you.)

It's no good talking to me I'm afraid. I stuck to my guns and didn't watch it.

Voted 7. It was great seeing the man from Ghostbusters in this weeks.
    The bald murderer got written out quite quickly!
    And next week looks like a "flashback" episode... no! Move the show forward not back!
    Oh well... still watching it.

Celebrity Big Brother really put the knife into Torchwood last night.
    Torchwood plummeted to a series low on Thursday night, according to early overnight data.

Shedding 650k on last week's outing, the fourth series of the Doctor Who spinoff - starring John Barrowman - averaged 3.45m (14.1%) for BBC One in the 9pm hour.

However, due to interest in Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother relaunch, it is likely that more viewers will watch episode six on iPlayer.

I struggled with this one, it felt like filler again, taking a whole episode for them to get off their respective arses and escape from the bases. Plus no Bill Pullman / Lauren Ambrose, which was all a bit of a shame. I'm sticking with it because...well, I have way too much free time on my hands for one thing(!), but I want to know what the hell is going on, but I doubt I'll bother with another series of this if there is one.

5/10. Just.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

As a matter of interest, what were Children of Earth's overnight ratings like back in 2009?

I can't see a further series being commissioned on the basis of this one (although having said that, how are the US ratings shaping up?). For me at least, part of the problem is that it's oddly unoriginal - the idea itself is novel, but apart from that it feels too much like an attempt to copy Children of Earth. We've got the appalling government policy, the personal link to one of the team, and next week a flashback to how Jack's past is the key to it all...

"And they know me. I was on staff. They know my name!" blubs Esther.

Yes. If only when the whole of Torchwood had gone undercover they'd thought to use FAKE NAMES.

FFS!

Si.

I have to be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in it too. But I really want to see how it ends, so I'm sticking with it. Hope it's not the biggest anti-climax since the last episode of The Prisoner!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    I have to be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in it too. But I really want to see how it ends, so I'm sticking with it. Hope it's not the biggest anti-climax since the last episode of The Prisoner!
    The original Prisoner or the remake? (Agh! You've just made me remember the ending of the remade Prisoner!)

That said, it can't be worse than the ending of the American Life On Mars, can it?...

I adore the fact that bad news now has the ability to physically propel you accross a room.

Si.

Edited down to may be 6 episodes this could have been a brilliant series. It's a bit too slow & reminds me of 70's/80's shows more than something recent. The pace is more of Sapphire & Steel. But interesting enough.

Is there an alien presence that has extracted all of Jack's immortality & spread it over the rest of the population? Jack not only survived but actually returned to his previous state. Are Earths populace recovering from wounds & healing as normal? If a person suffers a fatal wound but can't die can the body repair itself now that it has more time? Would Rex recover if he just spent 2 months in bed?
    I noticed when Jack was 'blown up' early on in the series he got a bruise on his side & Ester had one too, does this mean he "cured" her of her immortality? And will these bruises have any more significance or were they just filler to pad out the episode?

Too many questions & I don't think I'm going to get any answers any time soon...if at all.

Interesting enough drama but nothing earth shattering. 6/10 as a whole so far.

Two questions:

Why did the Welsh overflow camp have enough explosive to blow the whole place to bits, and where the hell did that motorbike come from?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    Two questions:

Why did the Welsh overflow camp have enough explosive to blow the whole place to bits, and where the hell did that motorbike come from?!
    And the leather biker outfit.

I propose as a reference for outlandish things we see in real life or other TV shows we say
    "Well that was a bit Torchwood!"
    It'll catch on if enough of us say it. And I'm still going to be watching it!
    Madness...