Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

clearly demonstrating it is a reasoning creature rather than 'just' an unthinking plant. So the Doctor BLOWS THE MONSTER UP.
    House had a voice in The Doctor's Wife. It didn't make it a reasoning creature.

The Lodger"! It was just the new "Fear Her" wasn't it? Too brightly lit to be scary so what was left? The Doctor playing football. At length.

James Cordon is a comedy funny man, and I'm sure he's great. A good dramatic actor he is not and has never claimed to be, which is why he has absolutely zero chemistry with his love-interest here. Some of the Doctors dialogue was quite witty, but apart from that we have a rather odd woodenly-played romance and I couldn't even begin to tell you what was going on with the TARDIS in the attic and the thing where they had to kiss to save the Universe (or something?). Wasn't this another thing that hasn't been explained yet?

And there's a bleeding sequel on the wind! God save us!
    Like Fear Her, it was supposed to depict an ordinary life being intruded on by an alien threat. Fear Her (IMO) didn't work, but this did. I liked the romance element, I thought it was quite sweet. The Doctor trying to be normal was very funny.

The TARDIS in the attic or rather the second floor flat which never exisied, is the TARDIS from The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon. We may discover how it got there in a few weeks.

The fact that the two would be lovers kissed is irrelevant I think. The TARDIS wanted to escape, and all the other people it lured in also wanted to escape, from something in their lives. James Cordon's charcter didn't. He was perfectly content with staying and the stength of feelling was something the TARDIS couldn't cope with. So it vanished. Prsumeably destroyed.
    Last edited by Darren; 28th Aug 2011 at 10:43 AM.

The TARDIS in the attic or rather the second floor flat which never exisied, is the TARDIS from The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon.
    Was it?! When was this said? Why did it look different?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Was it?! When was this said? Why did it look different?

Si.
    Um, it didn't.

Seriously, look at the control room where the Doctor has the final confrontation with the Silence in Day of the Moon. The arrangement of coffin-shaped consoles with glowing spheres in the middle is unmistakable.

But that wasn't the TARDIS was it?

I'm sure the console in TL wasn't the same as the TARDIS console; indeed, wasn't it designed by a Blue Peter viewer?

Si.

Different colours, though

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm sure the console in TL wasn't the same as the TARDIS console; indeed, wasn't it designed by a Blue Peter viewer?

Si.
    The console designed by the Blue Peter viewer was the one in The Doctor's Wife, a story bumped from S5 to S6. The Lodger was, IIRC, a replacement for it?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Si.
    It was definitely the same set. Whether or not it was the same ship (narratively speaking) is up for debate.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I think it's fairly likely we'll hear more about this matter in the next few weeks...

Not the TARDIS, but the 'someone's attempt to build a TARDIS'

I'm sure the console in TL wasn't the same as the TARDIS console
    Think we're getting crossed wires here.

The console in the upstairs room in The Lodger is not the same as the TARDIS console, but it is the same as the console seen in the Silence control room in Day of the Moon, which is what Darren was pointing out in the paragraph of his you quoted in disbelief.

indeed, wasn't it designed by a Blue Peter viewer?
    No, that was what became the 'junk TARDIS' in The Doctor's Wife.

So how did it get into James Corden's loft?

I'm beginning to see why my Mum was confused.

Si.

That bit hasn't been explained yet. What we know so far is that there was a TARDIS style thing on the roof of the flat in 2011, and that the Silence in 1969 had one just like it. Don't even know that it's the same one.