Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hi, found this site through a link on Gallifrey Base (which, while an OK site, isn't really my cup of tea).

I'm a fan of Classic Who, particularly Doctors 1 through 4. I started watching in 1972 and the first story I remember seeing is Day of the Daleks. Half of my childhood memories can be dated by which Target novelisation I was reading at the time.

I'm currently watching the Key to Time season (I'm up to episode 2 of the Androids of Tara) and thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.

Hello and welcome to Planet Skaro!

I hope that you find yourself at home here. We're about to start "Planet Skaro goes back to... Season 14!", so I hope that you'll feel comfortable to join in as we re-examine stories between The Masque of Mandragora and The Talons of Weng-Chiang, as well as the various cultural goings on in the year in which those stories aired!

Are you watching the latest series at all? We'd love to read your opinions - whether you love or loathe it!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Hi DdD, welcome to P.S. Hope you enjoy it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    Are you watching the latest series at all? We'd love to read your opinions - whether you love or loathe it!
    I haven't watched it this year. I found last years series and the Christmas special a struggle to sit through, I was having flashbacks to how I felt during the JNT years when they were originally shown - something along the lines of 'what the hell are they doing to the show?!'

I can now enjoy the JNT episodes (well, most of them ), and it's something to do with knowing they don't make them anymore. The RTD episodes seem better to me for the same reason. Something to do with knowing they can't go any further than they already have. Weird, I guess, but my intention is to leave the current series to be watched on DVD in a few years time.

To be honest, that sounds a bit crazy, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dart-dodging Decadent View Post
    To be honest, that sounds a bit crazy, doesn't it?
    Not at all! I was just thinking today how I envy those who still have unwatched stories!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Hello

I got the Key to Time set and still haven't watched all of it yet. About 18 months ago.

Hi

Welcome to PS!

Hello and welcome to Planet Skaro
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?