Default Where were YOU during Season 14?

It's a simple enough question... what were you up to during late 1976/early 1977?

I will have to bow out of this thread, as I wasn't born until 1987!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

3 years old! All I can remember are bits from The Deadly Assassin and Talons...

You young whipper-snapper!!

Mind you, during season 14 I was a young whipper-snapper (back in the days when snapping whippers was considered a promising career for a young chap).

We moved from Helston (down in Cornwall) to Carlisle (up in Cumbria) during the Summer of 1976, when I was just 5 - so my memories of September 1976, as far as I have any, are mainly around starting Stanwix Primary School. It did take a few days to settle in, but once I had I reckon that was the best of times. So I was 5 when things like The Deadly Assassin were on - I'd hazard a guess and say, although we'd nowadays probably consider it unsuitable for that age, probably most of my class watched it. I say 'probably' because I don't really remember discussing Who much at that time.

So I was in, from memory, Miss Scott's class - that was where I met most of the friends who'd be in the same class for the whole of Primary School, including Nicholas Tait who's birthday was the day after mine. That was the year where we were taught how to tie our shoelaces, the year I first realised that Wombles were in books as well as on TV (my Auntie Dorothy (I think) gave me The Wombles Omnibus for... Christmas? Birthday?), just a really warm time of life.

I wasn't even a gleam in my Dad's eye.

I'd be 6/7 and at school in Newhall primary.

It's hard to pin down exact memories (memories don't work like that).

But ...
    * I remember feigning illness for a week because we were introduced to division, and I couldn't understand it (ironic when you consider I did lots of maths at University). I can even remember my teacher telling me "division is like multiplying, but you do it in reverse" which makes sense to me now, but was alien then. I just didn't understand it at all.
    * at school we all did a school play, where we all sang for our parents "Golliwogs are black". Oh yes, what a different age that was.
    * we didn't have a phone, so all had to cram into a phone box to ring our grandparents
    * 1977 = silver jubilee year. We all had street parties. You have to really be sad we've lost that sense of community over the years.
    * 1977 = the year Elvis died. I remember at the time watching the early digital clocks would cycle through their letters 1-0, then back to 1. I wondered if time folded back on itself like that. If so I would have to remember to meet Elvis before 1977 next time. I guess Doctor Who was a big influence.
    * Of course Marc Bolan died a week later. I didn't know his stuff, and it took me years to find out, but I kind of wished I knew his music before.
    * We got a puppy we called Frodo, which my mum had saved - he was the runt and almost died. We'd have him for 19 years in all, and he was a huge part of my life. BEST DOG EVER!
    * Everything was polyester and the clothes frickin' itched like mad
    * Those sandals we all had to wear as kids ... and with socks too!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I was 10 and was at school in my final year of Sherrington primary. I don't really recall what I used to get up to apart from the fact that our house backed onto the local park and we played there a lot.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Rather than Doctor Who, I think Batman (yes, Batman) was a popular thing with us at that time - when we moved to Carlisle, our neighbour was Neville (same age as me) and I seem to remember me, bruv & Neville dreaming about having a real batmobile. We did have toy ones (as seen in Talons later in season 14 of course) but they weren't the same...

Yes, I watched Batman too and it's being re-run on ITV4 every week.

Holy repeat!
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Mind you, during season 14 I was a young whipper-snapper (back in the days when snapping whippers was considered a promising career for a young chap).
    You can get arrested for it now...

I was in infant school. Which is odd since I was 83 at the time. The teachers always wondered why I was getting better results than the other pupils.

I was just celebrating my first birthday and apparently a very happy little sole I was too.

Don't remember, I was between 2 and 3 years old.

I was at Infant school.
    We did Puss in Boots for the class play at Christmas that year I think. I played the Lion which the Ogre (although I think we called it a giant) changed into & then the mouse, (which was a pair of tights filled with socks & painted grey).

I was 7 and we lived up in the very north of Scotland in the Highlands in a gorgeous farmhouse. I was at primary school - not too many strong memories of the school, other than us re-enacting The Hand of Fear in the sandpit outside!