Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Hi, I've had bad internet use for the past couple of days. So I went and watch the last four episodes that had been shown this year.

I take it all back! This is the best series since it came back. I was a bit thrown about 7b seemingly slow after the furious six episodes that came before it.
    But I've really got back into the groove. Yes, even The Rings Of Akenten! I even thought that was quite good!

Didn't want to make it a thread, but there you go. Maybe it'll take a few weeks, it could possibly take a few months, but I really think we'll be looking back on this series and thinking it wasn't a mixed bag, it was fantastic, but some episodes took longer to win over than others...

Yay!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I like it! (Not so sure it'll turn out to be true, mind you...)

I'd love it if Paul McGann turned up in The Name of The Doctor and told Matt Smith that he wasn't the real Doctor.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Interesting write-up in the Radio Times for this Saturday's episode:-

"one extended flashback is breathtakingly cheeky, taking the show into undiscovered country".

It's probably just my pervy thinking, but I reckon we get to see some Time Lord ass.

No that is just me isn't it? Cold shower for Nyder please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    "one extended flashback is breathtakingly cheeky, taking the show into undiscovered country".

It's probably just my pervy thinking, but I reckon we get to see some Time Lord ass.
    Either that, or The Doctor turns up on the set of 'Star Trek VI'.

Mr Hurt, who lives near Cromer, earlier told the EDP he had just finished shooting a Dr Who 3D special in which he plays “part of the Doctor” in a “kind of trinity” which includes David Tennant.

Now, this isn't confirmation of that specific original rumour, which held that Hurt was playing the forgotten, actual Ninth Doctor who was erased from memory because of his participation in the Time War. Indeed, Hurt's use of the word "trinity" perhaps suggests something a little more complicated than that, with one possibility being David Tennant as the "past" Doctor, Matt Smith as the "present" Doctor, and John Hurt as some sort of "future" Doctor. Anyway, whatever's exactly going on, this ought to be plenty intriguing. [Eastern Telegraph]
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Steven Moffat does like his past, present and future, having used the idea not just in A Christmas Carol (of course), but also having repeated its use with Clara, who we first saw in the future, and then in the past, and now in the present. It wouldn't remotely surprise me if Hurt was an alternative twelfth Doctor whose being never comes to pass by the end of the special, or something like that - but even if he is indeed the real ninth Doctor, the episode will be reset by the end to take him out of existence. Indeed, I speculated a similar idea for the eleventh Doctor's ultimate fate some months ago, in the knowledge that this is the kind of story Moffat likes to tell - and it wouldn't surprise me if that still came to pass, too.