Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think that if you're at the point where you see the cancellation of the show ABOUT the making of your own very successful show as some sort of crime against the viewing public, then it is getting rather self-indulgent. It's not like the actual show he's making is in any way under threat by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    I've seen a couple of people say on this thread that Confidential is "cheap" to make, what are you basing that on?
    I'm probably basing it on the concept that it ought to be cheap to make. Essentially, all they need is backstage footage, talking heads and video diaries. If it's costing millions, they're not doing it right.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but this week's Points Of View had an interview with a BBC Three scheduler. They mentioned DW:C, and confirmed it won't be coming back, and that rumours that they have filmed an episode for the Xmas one is untrue. He did say they had about 10 minutes of material that would most likely appear on dvd eventually.

He also made the usual well played routine of batting away criticisms of the channels' DOG and pop-up banners.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

He also made the usual well played routine of batting away criticisms of the channels' DOG and pop-up banners.
    They don't need them on I-Player - why do they need them on TV?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Mr Bennett did talk some rubbish it has to be said. It was actually suggested the 10 minutes of usable footage they'd filmed of Christmas confidential will turn up online but being featured on next year's dvd set would be nice.

I almost had a heart attack whilst watching this when they showed the opening of an episode of "Him and Her" which I've never seen and I instantly realised I'd been at school with the guy who wrote it! We were both in the same school production in with a guy playing Othello who's now a regular in Boardwalk Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    They don't need them on I-Player - why do they need them on TV?
    They never, ever answer the question. They must get hundreds (at least) of genuine complaints from people about them, but I'd bet a small fortune that they have never received a letter from someone saying "thanks for ruining that wonderful scene in that show with a huge pop-up banner, otherwise I'd have never known that BBC Three show a programme called Family Guy"...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

You see, it's things like this:

that Doctor Who Confidential brought us, that I miss.

So let hope more of these end up on YouTube!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Never one to be up to date with things, I've been gradually working my way through the extras (what there are of them) on the complete seasons 1 & 2 boxsets. I've just finished off the season 2 Confidentials today in fact.

Back in the day, as time went on, I struggled to get much enjoyment out of the old DW Confys, and I have a feeling I never even watched the last few - but now, now that they're old enough to be 'a different era' there's something far more interesting about them. It's like the 8 year old me suddenly being able to watch them rehearsing Tomb of the Cybermen 12 years earlier - so I've greatly enjoyed, for example, Graham Harper's thoughtful analysis of Rose & the Doctor's separation at the end of Doomsday, his explanation of how he shot it, and also Camille popping up to say how she got freaked out by a non-speaking Cyberman extra!

So I'm not compaigning to bring it back (Confy In Distress - Bring It Back Chibbers, We Won't Take Less) but 12 (!) years on, I'm rather pleased Confidential was there.