Default Harry Hill Quits TV Burp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

Ah well. It's had a good run. I've always felt it was a shame that Harry never had as much success as he deserved with his sketch shows, which remain some of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV.
    Ah well, maybe he go and do a live tour again now.

PS: Sorry for linking to the Daily Mail.

Who could they get to replace him?

The Knitted Character? Wagbo? Or maybe they'll stick in Heston Blumenthal and hope no-one notices.

They should get Bob Mills to do it - he did it first (and arguably better).
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

This news will disappoint my kids. They love Harry Hill's TV Burp.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    They should get Bob Mills to do it - he did it first (and arguably better).
    No "arguably" about it; I've never really understood the appeal of Harry Hill and would happily see Bob brought back.

Aw - you're joking, he's brilliant!

I thought the last series of TV Burp was better than the series before it. So I'm glad Harry ended it in the direction of quality rather than running it into the ground. Some of you might feel that's already happened.
    Bet you if he makes anything again for ITV they schedule it badly out of spite?

Best of luck Harry! And thanks for the laughs. I know someone who still starts crying at the mention of the little yellow duck from a couple of years ago.
    TV Burp was different strokes for different folks but at least every episode had something that would make them laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    PS: Sorry for linking to the Daily Mail.
    We'll let you off this time.

I've always found it undemanding early evening entertainment TV, which is what it is & although I've never watched it regularly I've always enjoyed what I've seen. I hope it continues with another funny presenter.

I feel tainted by reading that Mail site - now if you'll excuse I'm off to set fire to the caravans of some job stealing gym slip mums from the council estate...

(also sad news about Burp - thus removing the only thing I ever watched on ITV in the past two decades)
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

It seems to be the old case of the news item that contradicts itself, the headline shrugging and deciding to believe "a source" rather than an official statement.

Oh well, it's had good innings. ITV are to blame - they stumbled accross the perfect formula because the show must cost (at least at first, until his wages soared) next to nothing to make, powered by a simple good idea and a top class performer, and is original, hugely popular and very, very funny.

So what did ITV do? They said "This show is a hit. Let's make it ALL YEAR!". The stupid, mindless fools. The 2009-10 series was very tired as it stretched the whole year, and you could tell her grew tired of making it. I personally felt it had suddenly got less funny. You can have too much of a good thing. Last year was sensibly back to less episodes and it felt a little fresher, and a little funnier.

But maybe they should have respected quality over quantity and not burnt the show out?

I think Harry Hill may be a genius; it's the only form of slapstick I find funny in today's sophisticated TV landscape. A series that can appeal with the most primitive, custard-pie-in-the-face humour, yet also feature the most intelligent irony (I just love Harry's looks to camera and his wink-wink asides to the viewer). And I love the literal surrealism of some of the comedy.

It was/is a wonderful show.

Si.

Just heard Michael McIntyre is the suggested replacement. Come back Harry, all is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Wells View Post
    No "arguably" about it; I've never really understood the appeal of Harry Hill and would happily see Bob brought back.
    I used to love In Bed With Medinner as well, but Dee and I went to see Bob Mills do some stand up last year and it was all a bit disappointing, with some pretty lazy observations in his set. Ah well, luckily I still have some episodes of the show on my hard drive, so I can still look back on the good old days fondly.

As for Mr Harry, it's a shame, but the most recent series had felt predictable and all a bit average, so I hope he goes back to doing sketch shows as well. And maybe reworking Soapington Way, which I know they shot a pilot of a couple of years ago, but ITV decided it wasn't good enough to make a series out of frustratingly...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."