Thread: 5.1 Sky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 5.1 Sky

The first of the three final ever Sarah Jane Adventures has now reached us with Part One having been broadcast today and Part Two following tomorrow.
    Discuss.

If you missed the episode UK viewers can now watch it on BBC iPlayer:Sky Part 1

Subsequent posts will contain Spoilers!
    Last edited by Richard Brinck-Johnsen; 3rd Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spoiler warning and iPlayer link added

I really enjoyed Part One. I hope I won't be sitting here tomorrow night wishing Sky had stayed as a baby.
    Great to have Floella back and lovely touch that she and Sarah Jane are on first name terms now.
    Only had one almost weepy moment when Luke signed off from his computer before Sarah Jane had the chance to say "goodbye".

Wahey! Floella showed off her legs!
    I forgot this was on tonight but luckily recorded it. So far, it's like the show has never been away. Interesting to see how it all plays out tomorrow.

Thanks for reminding me it's on again tomorrow *rushes off to activate series link*

Lis Sladen looked as radiant as ever. Still hard to believe she's no longer with us.

I believe both parts are also being repeated at the weekend (but sadly only on CBBC at this stage, still no word on a BBC One / HD showing)

I don't have a problem with watching stuff on CBBC.
    Perhaps I shouldn't admit this on a forum, but I don't care! At least they haven't done a "Horrible Histories" and had Stephen Fry do linking material on the BBC in case people couldn't take the "Talking Rat" seriously!

Well that wasn't a bad beginning to the new series. Sad we'll never get to find out who the man with the parrot is though.
    Sky the character might take a while to grow on me. So basically it's a female Luke?
    Next week looks like it'll have more character development and tension.

It was your typical season opener- a few laughs, some jeopardy and bang, we're off.

Nice to see Floella back- she's fabulous, even in her wellies. Her zapping with her ordinary lipstick was a a fun moment- made us both laugh here.

Sky looks like being a good addition to the team. Like a female Luke, giving Sarah Jane someone to mother again now he's gone. However, she does make Clyde and Rani look very old suddenly!

But the star was, as always, Lis. You wouldn't know. What a pro. It's difficult keeping it together through all her lovely SJA monologues- they're always really touching anyway,. but there's that extra poignancy now she's gone.

Looking forward to next week's story now. Looks very good indeed!

A pretty good start to the season! The first episode was cracking, but I didn't think much of the direction in the second episode. They seemed to spend ages waiting for the Metalkind to show up!

The kid playing Sky was great, however. She gave a really energetic performance.

I wonder what Clyde and Rani are up to this year? Are they at school? Uni? Shagging?

I also liked the "Miss Myers?" "It's slept differently!" joke. It's a lovely, sparky script.

Sparky! I wonder if Sky's special electric powers will become important later on in the series?

Miss Myers joins the pantheon of Uber-Camp-Super-Villains to have appeared on SJA. And she made a damn fine job of it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Sparky! I wonder if Sky's special electric powers will become important later on in the series?

Miss Myers joins the pantheon of Uber-Camp-Super-Villains to have appeared on SJA. And she made a damn fine job of it too!
    I suspect we would have seen her and the Metalkind return later in the series if it had been made.

And I wasn't at all turned on by seeing Clyde use the sonic lipstick and not at all looking forward to getting a Clyde centred story next week...
    [lie mode cancelled]

Oh and Sparky was actually quite good in the end. Her Pinocchio like questions were quite endearing. It'll be interesting to see how she gets on with her foster brother in the last story in a couple of weeks time.

If we do get some audio books I'd really like to have the return of Captain the Parrot and his assistant.

The kid playing Sky is astonishingly annoying.

Is the secret of who the Lenny Henry type bloke is now never going to be revealed? I suspect we would have found out at the end of the series.

Si.

I - think - I - heard that they filmed the last two episodes of the series and we're missing some of the ones in the middle.

Hurrah!

Si.

Yeah I heard that two that we get ep 1, 2 and 6. But the interwebs might have lied to me. Still Clyde episode next which can only be good news
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

I didn't mention it above, but next week's looks absolutely superb! Fingers crossed!

Has anybody entertained the notion that Professor Rivers might be another incarnation of everybody's favourite archaeologist?
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

That might just be you Harry...

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    Has anybody entertained the notion that Professor Rivers might be another incarnation of everybody's favourite archaeologist?

Erm that was meant to be funny wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    ...Professor Peter Warmsly?

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

at ant

Si.

I was just idly speculating is all.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Well, I enjoyed that quite a lot.

It's a shame that I get the distinct feeling that the actress playing Sky is rather too young to be anything other than annoying and unconvincing, but we shall see!

I've heard that the character's story arc has been rather cut short (and would've been fleshed out a lot in the two stories that they didn't get to film), for obvious reasons

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

The Next Time trailer shows the unintentionally hilarious sight of Tommy Knight towering about six foot taller than her.

She's the new Adric.

Si.