View Poll Results: How would you rate Robots of Death?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10: Please do not throw hands at me

10 58.82%
  • 9: If people see you mean them no harm, they never hurt you... nine times out of ten...

5 29.41%
  • 8: Now you're showing off

1 5.88%
  • 7: Traces of Lucanol!

0 0%
  • 6: You did it Uvanov!

0 0%
  • 5: Do not kill me!

0 0%
  • 4: V6, I am not the Doctor

0 0%
  • 3: A bit garish for my tastes

1 5.88%
  • 2: The second principle os humans can't harm robots.

0 0%
  • 1: The classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the brain and the size of the mouth

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I need to ask - are there any plans to special edition this? As brilliant as the dvd is, there are no special features, and this is such a classic it deserves it.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Yes, it's coming next year Mike, newly remastered and with new features and a new commentary. It's amazing how far we've come since 2000 when this, the first release on DVD seemed astonishingly good at the time.

Hmmm - watched this over the weekend together with the DVD commentary. I think this over time has quietly overtaken Genesis of the Daleks as my favourite story.

The robots though simply done are still striking. I love how everything on the sandminer seems to have this style of Arto Deco meets Egypian running through it, making the world quite stylised.

Guest stars Russell Hunter, David Collings and Pamela Salem are all impressive. Even Brian Croucher is impressive in his brief role. Yeah thankfully I think this Zilda was in much afterwards.

It's also impressive how the robots are played out and look. They could so easily have fallen into the traps of Quarks or camp Cybermen.

Also helped by some cracking dialogue at times, my favourite was from Leela when told the first law of robotics is robots can't harm humans, and "the second is it's impossible for a human to harm a robot - I've tried".
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Taren Capel's plan makes no sense. If robots started killing humans, they would be destroyed. He would be leading his "brothers" to their own destruction.

The Doctor does point out there wouldn't be any robots without humans to invent them -but then Capel is climing the walls at this point, and it is a great story nevertheless.

Surely the point of the 'plan' was to kill all humans & to release all the robots that exist from 'slavery'. Then to reproduce/build more robots. Seems like perfectly sound plan...for a complete nutter!