Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hate Clive Horrobin so much!

But that means the actor playing him is doing a great job!

Yes and the script writers are making him say and do horrible things (stealing from his dead mother being the prime example!)

Meanwhile as funny as I find his confrontations with Jennifer, Tony Archer is being a bit of dick at the moment. Not looking forward to hearing more of his anti-online marketing shtick on Sunday, although I accept Tom is and always has been rather gung-ho in his attitude!

Just listened to last night's main programme... another amazing episode!

I want to hug Susan now and I never thought I'd write that!

Never has there been so many Horrobins in one episode before,I see Susan's dad now has a voice as well...

I suspect the events of last night will culminate when Ambridge Extra finishes its latest run

Indeed with Clive's efforts to fleece Matt Crawford still ongoing I'm sure there's plenty more to come!
    Sorry Matt but it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Potentially interesting and long reaching storylines involving Pat hinted at in tonight's episode...this storyline could run and run

Finally finished catching up this morning

I shall be rather disappointed if Rich turns out not to be John Archer's son. Although Pat wants to have "stupid cow" branded across her forehead for telling Susan

Meanwhile last Tuesday's Extra was a bit steamy! I haven't been that hot under the collar since I first read The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole!
    And why is Erin taking such an unhealthy interest in Alistair!?

Back on the main programme...

Loved Stir Up Sunday with the Grundy-Hanson Family. Only The Archers could get away with it!
    And loved last night's ep but ... Clarrie's Song...?!

I still haven't forgiven the producers for Clive singing during Tuesday's Ambridge Extra.

Meanwhile back on the main programme I want to bang Pat and Susan's heads together.

I think my mouth just fell open at the ending of last night's episode. Does that sort of thing really happen outside of EastEnders?

The Horrobins are to The Archers what the Dingles are to Emmerdale a new one keeps popping up!

Matt Crawford, I think I love you!

I'm sorry but this business of Kylie's brother looking just like John Archer is too good to be true. Surely they ought to see what Sharon's husband looks like next to him before jumping to conclusions. I can't help thinking Pat would've said the same if he'd had so much as the same eyes as John.
    Anyone else reminded of the "surprise" when it turned out Will Grundy was George's father after all...

Ooh! Like the introduction of Alan and Usha to Extra and delighted as the prospect of Mabel appearing in the next episode (she was Mickey Smith's Grandmother as well after all)!

The scene between Alistair and Shula was great fun:
    "What about sex?"
    "Well that's a better offer than a cup of tea.."

Poor Helen!

*THWACK!*

Sorry, that was the sound of me giving Pat Archer a great big slap for being such an insensitive old mare.

Mona Hammond!

And blimey what a revelation about the Vicar's late wife and what a dilemma!

Ambridge Extra is certainly upping its game,the Alan/Usha storyline is certainly one that could run as indeed is the Alistair/Erin plot....which came to a head this afternoon,a great episode,only 7 characters and lots of little moments,whilst also moving the story on at the same time

Powerful stuff with Pat and Sharon last night,The Archers at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartdg View Post
    Powerful stuff with Pat and Sharon last night,The Archers at its best.
    Wasn't it just!

Almost disappointed by Erin turning into a bunny boiling slut over in Extra but it is being quite well done. Also today's reveal of why Katherine attacked the other girl was really good but is Alan really going to tell their daughter:
    "Happy Christmas Amy your late mother was a victim of racist bullying and almost killed someone in self defence!"

Blimey, I think it's something to do with audio format because I'm usually better at putting barriers between myself and TV programmes but somehow The Archers really seems to pull at the heart strings sometimes...
    Kind of glad I have an inkling where the storyline involving the long lost grandson is going and also glad I won't be at work on the anniversary of Nigel's accident that's coming up.

Not just the audio format but the vast diversity of the characters and storylines that can often take years to build...this is why The Archers pulls at the heartstrings,you literally live the characters lifes with them daily....

Ambridge Extra series 2 is also a vast improvement over series 1,stronger plots and older/younger characters just add that something to it

I checked to see whether Extra was continuing over the Christmas period yesterday and ended up reading the little blurbs. Some interesting stuff to come particularly in the last couple of episodes after Christmas it would seem!

Not just the audio format but the vast diversity of the characters and storylines that can often take years to build...this is why The Archers pulls at the heartstrings,you literally live the characters lifes with them daily....
    Presumably that explains why I still well up every time Nigel gets a mention

"I just wish Dad was here..."

Blast you Freddie Pargetter!

It's all kicking off in Ambridge Extra now,one more episode of the series to go

It's all kicking off in Ambridge Extra now,one more episode of the series to go
    Isn't it just! I actually half expected Daniel to punch Alistair's lights out in the final scene!