Default Should Liam Fox step down?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15235982

Defence Secretary Liam Fox has had a series of allegations made against him, ads apparently he's "blurred the lines between professional responsibilities and personal loyalties to a friend".

Do you think the conflict of interest between the two have made his role in the cabinet untenable or did he act honourably?

And you can bet William Hague is thinking "Thank **** I haven't got that job and took my mate, or I'd never hear the end of it!"

Well we've all taken our mate along to see us do our job, haven't we?
    We've all had our mate in the managers office while they discuss ideas for the store.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic. Labour MPs have gone for less, so go on Liam Fox. On your sword, there you go.

Speaking earlier, the prime minister said Mr Fox had been "a very effective defence secretary", but it was right that an investigation was being carried out.

"I'm sure that we can answer these questions and come through all of this," he said.

"One can't rush these things... there are important elements of natural justice you have to show as prime minister. You've got to give people the time to answer questions, to unearth the information necessary to do that.

"One can't run these things to some sort of pre-ordained media timetable."
    So much for decisive leadership!

Personally, I think this is a 'No harm done don't do it again' situation. But he should probably resign for endangering national security. You don't really get second chances with that sort of thing, do you?

Yes he should and he's finally got the message and has... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15300751

Excellent! Now it's Oliver Letwin's turn! In fact make it easier in future, I think the best step we can take is to save ourselves the bother and get rid of the lot!

It's a shame, really - by all accounts, Dr Fox was actually very good as Defence Secretary.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Dr Fox was actually very good
    Well, he was competent. I say that because Defence hasn't been renowned for 'Massive Gaffes' over the past few years. Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Williams View Post
    It's a shame, really - by all accounts, Dr Fox was actually very good as Defence Secretary.
    He was a better DJ though.

You organise the food, I'll organise the firing squad, let's all have a party!

And why has Theresa May still got a job?

Someone obviously still thinks she's Teresa May. (You Google her - I would!)

Ah, yes. That would explain a lot.

#conducts further research#

That's the thing about Teresa Mays. You never know quite what you're going to get.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!