Default Top 20 Tunes of Last 15 years (Buh?!)

So, in this year of 2011, it's foremost in my mind and yours that we're celebrating the fifteenth anniversary of 1996. At least, that's what NME are excited about.

NME.COM's Top 20 songs of the last 15 years are as follows:

1. Radiohead – 'Paranoid Android'
    2. Arcade Fire – 'Rebellion (Lies)'
    3. Outkast – 'Hey Ya!'
    4. The Strokes – 'Last Nite'
    5. The Killers – 'Mr. Brightside'
    6. The White Stripes – 'Fell In Love With A Girl'
    7. Hot Chip – 'Over And Over'
    8. Amy Winehouse – 'Rehab'
    9. The Verve – 'Bittersweet Symphony'
    10. The Libertines – 'Time For Heroes'
    11. Arctic Monkeys – 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor'
    12. MGMT – 'Time To Pretend'
    13. Jay –Z & Alicia Keys – 'Empire State Of Mind'
    14. Foals – 'Spanish Sahara'
    15. MIA – 'Paper Planes'
    16. Beyoncι – 'Crazy In Love'
    17. Missy Elliot – 'Get Ur Freak On'
    18. Queens Of The Stone Age – 'No One Knows'
    19. Justice Vs. Simian – 'We Are Your Friends'
    20. Bloc Party – 'Banquet'
    My word, the last fifteen years have been a struggle, haven't they? Still, Paranoid Android was a good song at the time, back when Radiohead really made an effort to write things that people might want to listen to. Nowadays they bust their guts trying to make funny noises in unfriendly time signatures.

Back To Black is a far superior song to Rehab. The Drugs Don't Work is a stone cold classic, whereas Bittersweet Symphony is merely 'Very good indeed'.

Yes, that Outkast track deserves to be in the top three. Probably. Unlike Arcade Fire.

The Libertines are so utterly wretched, if it wasn't for Pete Docherty's drug habit no-one would have heard of them.

However, I'm delighted that The Kaiser Chiefs are not on that list, with their famous songs 'WOOOooaaaaaah!' and 'WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAHHHHAAAHHH!'

So if you know any songs from the last 15 years (Why 15?!?!) then do let us know what should be on this damned list!

There aren't many better or more recognisable songs from the period than "Three Lions" by Skinner and Baddiel. It's iconic.

I've heard of two songs on that list and like both of them. The lack of any Sophie Ellis Bextor hits troubles me deeply.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

There have been many, many great tunes in the last fifteen years. Wouldn't know where to start researching to dig them out though.

At random... we've had Beyonce, which gives you "Crazy In Love", "Irreplacable" and "Single Ladies" for three. We've had "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" from Kylie, "Stan" from Eminem, "Don't Look Back In Anger" from Oasis, "Someone Like You" from Adele, "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga, "Feel" by Robbie Williams, "Music", "Ray Of Light" and many others by Madonna, "Where Is The Love" by Black Eyed Peas, "Dry Your Eyes" by the Streets, "These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield, "Sound of the Underground", "The Promise", "Biology" and many others by Girls Aloud, "Dakota" by Stereophonics, "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado, "Patience" and "Shine" by Take That, "About You Now" and "Hole In The Head" by Sugababes, "Umbrella" by Rihanna...

Um... "A struggle"? Each to their own opinion, but I don't get that at all. Unless you just don't like pop music, which is fair enough, but then you're hardly qualified to comment on the quality of it if you hate it all...

Si.

Um... "A struggle"?
    Only based on NME's list! Yes, some of those songs have been incredibly popular, but I don't think that's really the best the last 15 years have to offer.

"Can't Get You Out Of My Head" from Kylie
    Deffo should have been on the list.
    "Ray Of Light"
    Anna Friel!
    "Dry Your Eyes" by the Streets
    Huge hit. Why missing?!
    "Shine" by Take That
    Totally agree, even if Morrisons' have played it to death.
    "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga
    Should have been on the NME list for sure!
    "Three Lions" by Skinner and Baddiel
    Massive seller, most chanted footie song of all time - but I guess it ain't Indie-Cool enough for the NME!

I didn't know the NME was still going!

Where is The Game by Nichola Holt or No Way No Way by Vanilla?