Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would have made it a little longer and slower paced, perhaps with freshly chosen clips rather than an existing montage. You don't need more material to make a sequence feel less rushed.

Si.

But you still need to get it into the running time of the episode that has been completed. I doubt they could have made it any longer.

And how was that an 'existing montage'? It had clips from various Sarah Jane episodes from all the seasons and at least one from Doctor Who. Where was that previously used?

Yes, you're quite right, that end sequence was perfect.

Si.

Oh come on Si, that's not what he's saying. he's just disagreeing that it wasn't an existing montage. It's just not quite what you wanted it to be. That's fine, but it was new.

I suppose they could have got one of the other actors to record something but it still wouldn't have felt quite right. Obviously this situation was completely unexpected so there isn't really a solution that would please everyone.
    It wasn't perfect but I'm glad they included the clip of her goodbye hug with Tennant from School Reunion and I think it was right for Lis to get the last word.

I'm past caring Si. It was just my opinion. Whatever opinion I have just gets argued down and argued down into ad finitum. I don't really feel I can have an opinion any more. And that's that.

Si.

Of course you can have an opinion Si, but conversely if you state that on a message board people might disagree with you. I'm sorry that over the last couple of days I've been one of the ones voicing my opinions against yours Si and I'm sorry if that's frustrated or upset you. That wasn't what I set out to do.

I agree with Si that they could have done more and it would have been nicer to have a bit of a longer tribute at the end.

What really annoyed me is the way that the CBBC presenters mowed on regardless with their chirpy, idiotic tone, both before and after the episodes. What a bunch of ***** **** £$*£&(*$& *****%^%%!!"£$$s. With cheese.

Si, of course you can have an opinion, but if you state it on a message board then there's a good chance some will disagree with you. That doesn't mean you can't have an opinion.

And Steve, I agree about the presenters either side. Even leaving aside the fact that this was the final episode because the lead actress sadly died, why did anyone think that leading into a final episode of any well-loved series with all that crap with that annoying little baby puppet screaming and the rubbish about finding a new co-host was a good idea? Anyone who's been following the series knows why it ended, so would it really have been so much trouble to show a proper amount of respect for the fact instead of trying to keep everyone cheerful by putting in a load of bad comedy before and after?

I've been catching up with the remaining SJS over the past couple of weeks (including the end of the previous season, ironically called Goodbye Sarah Jane, which I'd missed first time round). I really enjoyed this last story - although not intended to be the end, it somehow managed to give everyone a chance to shine. It reminded us of Sarah's journalist work, I particularly loved her bumping into and slightly flirting with her old colleague (I didn't know Peter Bowles was going to be in it, so was pleasantly surprised). It was a nice, albeit far too early, end to a really good show, and if nothing else it means they went out on a high.

Also caught a repeat of Death of the Doctor this evening, now of course even more poignant than ever.