Default The Prison in Space Script Book

This is the cover for The Prison in Space scriptbook from Richard Bignell and people behind Nothing at the End of the Lane fanzine .
    I was a little incapacitated whilst I was supposed to be doing this picture and so I turned to Westley Smith to help out...actually to help finish the thing. His design for the "Dolly Guard" uniforms were far more acceptable than the overly pervy rubber ideas I had....

The book will be available very soon.
    Check out the Nothing at the End of the Lane site over the next few weeks for details.

Well Pat seems pleased.

He would be, the dirty old so and so!

Apparently Jamie spends much of this story in drag. Hopefully, not in THAT outfit!!!

Yes Jamie it is a big one.

etc

Having heard Big Finish's adaptation of this one I won't be rushing out to buy it. There are some very good reasons why it was never made for TV (at least until it got rewritten by The Two Ronnies as The Worm That Turned).

I'm not sure why they are publishing it - as Richard says it's been adapted by Big Finish so any mystery has gone. Their first script book was adapted later but for a year or two this was the only source for Farewell Great Macedon. Unless production on Prison in Space was advanced enough for their to be a wealth of [dennis]fascinating production documentation[/dennis] I don't see the point and certainly wouldn't buy it.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

In which case I don't therefore see the point of sending Doctor Alice round in one of those uniforms!

Some more details:

The 268-page illustrated softcover book contains:

Facsimiles of Dick Sharples' original scene breakdown along with all four of his second draft scripts for The Prison in Space, reproduced directly from the original script pages.
    A look at the history, development and cancellation of The Prison in Space by Richard Bignell.
    Reviews of the story by Doctor Who Magazine's original Time Team, Jonathan Morris and Paul Scoones.
    Copies of the original outline, scene breakdown and revised scene breakdown for the story originally intended to follow The Prison in Space, Brian Hayles' second Ice Warrior story, The Lords of the Red Planet.
    Andrew Pixley looks back at the production of Season Six in Winds of Change and tries to make some sense of what we currently understand happened during Troughton's turbulent final series.
    Artwork by Jason Fletcher, Westley Smith and Adrian Salmon.

The book costs £16.50 and orders can be placed through the new Nothing at the End of the Lane website - www.endofthelane.co.uk

Sounds like the extras are more interesting than the story. I got Macedon, but haven't decided whether to pick this up as well.