Trudi G Guest

Default Some Random Questions For Friday

1. How old are you before it can be said you died of old age?

2. If nobody buys a ticket to a movie do they still show it?

3. If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the centre of the earth?

4. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

5. Do penguins have knees?

6. If you fart and burp at the same time, would it make a vacuum in your tummy?

7. You know the signs on restaurant doors? No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service? what if someone goes in with no trousers? Would the restaurant still have to serve them?

8. Do nudists have pin-ups of people with clothes on?

9. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialised?

10. How's come people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can. Yet the moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up?

Last edited by Trudi G; 9th Feb 2007 at 12:27 PM.

Nice questions Trudi. And I actually know the answer to one of them so I'll answer it later if I get time.

70, I reckon.

Yes, as anyone who went to see "Star Trek: Nemesis" can probably deduce. It was a close call!

3. If someone owns a piece of land, do they own it all the way to the centre of the earth?

Yes, by a process of logical deduction. You own it part way down (because it is yours to plant things in) but there is no 'depth' limit, therefore you must own it all the way down.

Is it something to do with it being airtight? If the cap was left off, it would stick.

No?

No, why would it? You are simply releasing gas from both ends at once.

7. You know the signs on restaurant doors? No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service? what if someone goes in with no trousers? Would the restaurant still have to serve them?

I've never seen such a sign. But the answer is no - most restaurants probably don't tolerate you setting light to badgers while on the premises. But because there is no sign, doesn't mean they'd let you do it.

Of course. Don't we all?

9. Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialised?

Because one kids oneself that a nice big chocolate bar will have been bought and forgotton about.

10. How's come people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can. Yet the moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up?

I guess there are some things about being a child you need to keep hold of, and some things you need to forget.

Si.

You could be 120 and still fall over in the bath and die.

Yes, but they show the Hungarian version.

No! That's utterly stupid. You don't own part of the London Underground if you own a field over a tunnel!

Because it hasn't set yet.

Yeah, just not very developed ones.

Yes and you E-X-P-L-O-D-E! So don't do it!

Scottish people get served all the time, even in Kilts. (sorry Scotland).

No! Why?

Do they?

Because it's about control.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Haven't a clue. It depends how healthy your body is I suppose and keeping your age number secret helps. The human race is so easily fooled by appearances, and making sure people don't judge you on the basis of your age is a good thing I think. Keep them wondering. Who knows- you might forget too, and then where will you be? You might forget to die!

I'll ask next time I'm at the pictures, if I remember. Which is unlikely, but I will ask if I do!

Probably not, no. I think that usually just goes for the bit above the rock.

Because it's a liquid and there's so much of it I would say. Once you get to the last dregs of glue, then you 'll have a problem. I'm tempted to be really condecending at this moment...but...must...resist...

All birds have knees, but they are often hidden under the feathers.

NOooo (to be said in Tom Baker "Logopolis" voice )

I think getting served would be the least of your problems if you went into any restaurant without trousers. Why do these questions sound American?? Not sure exactly what I mean by that...

NOoooo (again! )

I return to the fridge to have another look at what I've got, which is what most people do I would think. Unless there are people out there with shorter memories and bigger imaginations!

10. How's come people tell you to stay a kid for as long as you can. Yet the moment you do anything childish or immature they tell you to grow up

Beacause they don't know any better.
    Last edited by Carol Baynes; 10th Feb 2007 at 4:48 PM.

When you think you know everything about anything and are a general pain in the butt then thats the age...

Sure it would be politically incorrect otherwise - there may be minority groups like ghosts in the audience plus some people like to come in half way through for a snog up the back.

Too right they do! If you fancy a bit of drilling to the earth's core why not?

I haven't got a clue - why would I want to try it?

I don't think so, they simple wobble don't they so I reckon they must be kneeless.

I haven't got a clue, I was brought up proper me.

Seems only right but only girls mind

Yes with a hat or a tie.

Because they can't be arsed shopping...

Thats people for you!

Ten years older than I am now. That will always be the answer.

Yes they do; but based on the 'tree falling in a forest' principle, they don't bother with the soundtrack, as there's nobody there to hear it.

No, only down as far as the green ooze. Primord slime and Stahlmann's gas are both properties of the crown.

Is it something to do with quantum physics? Maybe there's a dead/not-dead cat in there keeping it off the sides?

No, just chocolate and crunchy biscuit. I don't think they'd be as popular with actual limbs in them - euch.

With authority, I can say no it doesn't. It does attract some scathing looks though.

Only on the condition that nobody makes any 'leaving a tip' jokes during the evening.

No, just pin-ups of fig leaves arranged at jaunty angles.

It's the power of TV - people keep confusing the humble fridge with one of those replicator things from Star Trek.

That's just the way it is. Some things'll never change. Etc.
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 10th Feb 2007 at 8:21 PM.

Trudi G Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    some people like to come in half way through for a snog up the back
    Where's that then?
    Last edited by Trudi G; 10th Feb 2007 at 9:47 PM.

I once went to see a late night horror film and there were a couple behind me actually having sex! It was very off putting. I could hardly hear the soundtrack!

And the funniest thing was halfway through the girl said, "You really know where to put it on a first date!"
    I struggled not to laugh.

It sounds like the sort of classy thing that would happen in Harlow.

Si.

This was the Odeon Panton St off Piccadilly and the film was the remake of House on Haunted Hill!