Default November - NaNoWriMo and Movember

November has gotten picked on as the month to 'Do Things'. The first of these is 'NaNoWriMo', the 'National Novel Writing Month'. Rather than writing a nationalistic novel, this is about everyone in the UK writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Then there's Movember. Where we're all supposed to grow moustaches (or at least the men are!) This is to raise awareness for Prostate cancer in a noticeable and daft way. During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces in the UK and around the world. The aim of which is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and other cancers that affect men.

On Movember 1st, guys register at Movember.com with a clean-shaven face and then for the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.

Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November and through their actions and words raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.

At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their gallantry and valor by either throwing their own Movember party or attending one of the infamous Gala Partés held around the world by Movember, for Movember.
    What's up with November? And do you know anyone who's doing either of these?

I may very well do both this year...

Last year I did Movember, and sported what I believe is currently technically known as a "Rufus Hound" 'tache. I may repeat it this year...

I've been mulling over NaNoWriMo as well, and then two nights ago, I was reading an article about something, and a "what if...?" question popped in to my head, and bosh... an idea arrived pretty much fully formed in my head. So... it's possible.

I can't have a moustache in the Irving Berlin show in 2 weeks plus I don't like being photo'd with facial hair which is a shame I'd like to support Movember but it's just not a good month for me.

As for writing I doubt I'll manage a novel but I have had some new inspiration over the last week or so and I will be off work in a fortnight when I'm performing so I hope to be able to put the time to good use.

Hmmm no, I won't be doing either. I'm interviewing for jobs, and want to look my best for them - and that's without a tache.

And frankly, I don't think I have the talent to write a novel!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm doing Movember along with a number of people I work with.

I'm growing my mustache for Movember, if you'd like to donate, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://uk.movember.com/donate/

I'm in the Mo Money Mo Time team and there is a photo of me avec tache.

Thanks for your support.

I know someone growing a tache (a Client at work) so have sponsored them, but I wouldn't sacrifice myself and have a horrid look for any charity!

Si.