Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Maybe he has a nose like a big ink blot and a head shaped like a six sided console.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I agree witgh Sydeney newman he was too server to begin with and quite unlikeable. I like the version that's a bit more loveable and a ltitle less horrible.
    See, that's why I think it would have made his development over the first 13 episodes better, if he'd started off as a total git and softened over that period. When he starts off quite likeable but just a little harsh, things like the change he undergoes after the events of The Edge of Destruction are rendered less significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Doesn't she get cross about it too and sort of stab at it?
    No, she just looks around and covers it up as if she's worried someone might see it. The only 'stabbing' type motion she makes is when she's flicking the ink from the pen onto the paper in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    See, that's why I think it would have made his development over the first 13 episodes better, if he'd started off as a total git and softened over that period. When he starts off quite likeable but just a little harsh, things like the change he undergoes after the events of The Edge of Destruction are rendered less significant.
    Yes, maybe, but there's still enough on screen to make it work- his reluctance to help the tribe, the suggestion of murdering the injured tribesman, his utter slefishness in The Daleks that endangers the crew, the horrible things he suggests about Ian and Barbrara in The Edge of Destruction.
    Just because he's a bit softer in the transmitted version doesn't make the ending of Edge of Destruction any the less powerful.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

One thing I reeeeeally wish they'd kept from the pilot episode is the absence of plinky plonk glockenspiel music when the TARDIS takes off for the first time. I have no idea who thought that was a good addition when they decided to reshoot, it totally destroys the atmosphere for a few seconds.