Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Nice cover.

I love the way they extend these book covers out to the sides rather than putting them in a border. I'm looking hard for repeated patterns in the stars now!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Your attention please Ladies and Gentlemen, The Shada audiobook is now in stock at Play.com - link affiliated !!

Sorry amazon you lose this time!

Mine's been posted!

Si.

John Leeson is going to read the new Androids of Tara novelisation. After Ribos, I think this is a good thing.

Anneke Wills has tweeted to say she's doing The Highlanders novel, to be released in September.

That's far too late for our time team, Anneke!

I've never read the novelisation of The Highlanders, so I'll be looking forward to this one.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

No sign of the "Web of Fear" audiobook up for pre-order anywhere, and it's supposed to be out on 7 June!

In October, Matthew Waterhouse will be reading "The Visitation" to us!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    In October, Matthew Waterhouse will be reading "The Visitation" to us!
    That sounds like a real treat. He was superb in the Dark Shadows story he did for Big Finish last year.

Disappointed to see they've gone with the 80s reprint cover for the Target Sea Devils - that's the one I've got on my book and I always loved the Achilleos original!

Looking forward to this one!

Wow... I really like that cover!

It seems to have taken inspiration from Frank Bellamy's illustrations. Lovely bit of design. The only downer is that is does make all the people on the cover look like the Androids - when none of them are.

I think it's horrible. Why break with the tradition of every other release so far and not use the book cover? Why feature Grendal, the main villain, with his mask down, especially when we can see two masked soldiers below him anyway? What on Earth is that black and red spidery nonsense in the background? It hardly conjours up the green sunshiney joustery of the TV adventure.

Si.

Well, Logopolis, Castrovalva and Stones of Blood haven't used the book covers either. I suppose this one isn't using it because it's a new adapatation of the story, for the same reasons Stones didn't?

I like the original cover for The Sea Devils Target Book, prefer it to the later one. (That nearly made a return in May 1992 for a reprint of the book to tie in with the (then gone) BBC2 repeat. The Time Meddler made it to the publishers but The Sea Devils didn’t – pity as they reprinted Doctor Who and the Silurians and Warriors of the Deep at the same time and it would have been nice to have had the trilogy.)

I wonder why these novelisations of The Stones of Blood, The Androids of Tara and Resurrection of the Daleks haven’t been issued to accompany their CDs?

It looks like The Pirate Planet and City of Death could be out soon (http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/content.../05-may12.html). Afterwards, I wonder if they’ll release CDs of The Power of Kroll and The Armageddon Factor then maybe they could do The Trial of a Time Lord books?

Mystery surrounds the BBC's reluctance to exploit novelisations of TV stories. You seemingly can't blink without an original new series fiction book coming out, and yet the most obvious collectable - novelisations of TV stories - are missing. Meanwhile they can only muster up the energy to reprint six Target books a year, when surely these don't even require any work to prepare as they are written already.

Si.

I suspect it comes down to the fact they don't sell enough to justify bringing out a new reprints every month. I think it says a lot that for every fan that buys everything the moment it appears there are plenty of us who in these times of austerity wait for the price to come down.
    That said the audiobooks are obviously doing pretty well given we get a new one every month plus the new range of narrated soundtracks is coming soon!

Well they've never tried new series novelisations, so the lack of those is a mystery.

Maybe they could reprint a few of the rarer Target books if they want to up sales.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Well they've never tried new series novelisations, so the lack of those is a mystery.

Maybe they could reprint a few of the rarer Target books if they want to up sales.

Si.
    Sorry I got completely the wrong end of the stick before. You're quite right about the new series TV stories except for the fact that the first series of SJA got novelised if that counts.
    The closest they have got with Who itself is Doctor Who The Essential Companion - which is basically series 5 abridged to two CDs and if you click the affiliated link I've put there is quite cheap at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Sorry I got completely the wrong end of the stick before. You're quite right about the new series TV stories except for the fact that the first series of SJA got novelised if that counts.
    The closest they have got with Who itself is Doctor Who The Essential Companion - which is basically series 5 abridged to two CDs and if you click the affiliated link I've put there is quite cheap at the moment.
    Of course when I posted that the price was listed at about £4 and seems to have doubled over the weekend. There are some good market place deals around though if you scan through the used and new options.

Nice one Si!

Si.

http://www.play.com/Books/AudioBooks...ngDetails.html

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous cover!

Is it new artwork? It's very authentic!

Si.

I believe it's all new.