Default Dennis and Francois are coming...

Not literally - don't be disgusting - that sort of thing has no business on a research tool like the "internet".

On the 1st of December the brand new Brenty Four ADVENTURE~! will be posted each day until Christmas Eve exclusively here on Planet Skaro.

Dennis Brent started his adventures back in 2002 on the original Planet Skaro message board and as both Dennis and PS begin their tenth anniversary celebrations, what better than for the two to come together - steady - and share a small glass of mulled wine and a Bargainsave mince-style pie this Christmas?

So look out for the new Brenty Four-um which will be popping up soon to bring you a whole day's worth of mishaps and misanthropy to get the festive season started.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Oh hurrah - Christmas is coming (Hold it! No, not like that...) at last!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Can I make a confession? I've never really got what this is. But maybe this year is the year for me to jump on board? Perhaps for the benefit of me (and other new members or uninitiated Dennis-o-philes) you could tell us exactly what this is all about? Who is Dennis? I don't know how I've not got round to embracing this for so long but I'm looking forward to joining the party!

Si.

Blimey! And I thought I was the only one not initiated in the worlds of the Vervoid. Some sort of intro / catchup for those of us who are new would be very much appreciated

Hooray!

Si/Richard - although Dennis has evolved somewhat over the years, all you need to do is go to the Dennis section on the Vervoid website and start from the beginning. You'll soon get his number, no explanation will be needed.

Basically, if the sound of an ascerbic pop at not only DW fandom but cult TV fandom in general through the adventures of Britain's leading telehistorian is appealing, you will love Dennis and the world in which he lives. He is an abhorrent individual but you can't help but love him purely as a source of entertainment.

From the point of view of the forum, I will say I'm enormously pleased that Lissa has brought Dennis to Planet Skaro. I know how popular he is and even without following it in the past I can see what a big annual event it is. So I'm thrilled that's happening on PS this year!

Si.

One of the reasons I wanted a whole forum rather than just a thread is that it gives me/us the chance to give background and context to things, link to or reproduce relevant old material and make the series more accessible than it has been in the past.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.