Default Previously on Dennis Brent...

You can read the first eight Brenty Four serials in PDF or Kindle format if you want to catch up before the 1st of December. The third, fourth and seventh are probably my favourites but I'm biased.

"Brenty Four" - the first Brenty Four serial from 2003 (right click to download)

PDF version

MOBI version

"Flight Through Eternity" - the second Brenty Four serial from 2004

PDF version

MOBI version

"Dennis No" - the third Brenty Four serial from 2005

PDF version

MOBI version

"Death Becomes Dennis" - the fourth Brenty Four serial from 2006

PDF version

MOBI version

"Dennis in the House" - the fifth Brenty Four serial from 2007

PDF version

MOBI version

"Journey's End" - the sixth Brenty Four serial from 2008

PDF version

MOBI version

"Ten Little Whovians" - the seventh Brenty Four serial from 2009

PDF version

MOBI version

"Underworld" - the eighth Brenty Four serial from 2010

PDF version

MOBI version
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I think seven is probably my favourite too. 2003 eh, how time flies!

Will BF9 be simultaneously available on t'Vervoid as well, or is it a PS exclusive? If the former, I'm sure the web-posting to two locations will furnish some fascinating technical information...

Looking forward to the new one!
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Ten Little Whovians is the one I remember the most fondly, but I need to reread them all to make a more informed judgement. I've already downloaded them to phone for bedtime laughter.

I periodically re-read everything from the start and never stop enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I periodically re-read everything from the start and never stop enjoying it!
    I've yet to look at these. If I were to undertake to start looking at the whole collection is there anything that I need to know first (without giving away spoilers obviously)!

Dennis is very correct about his facts, Francois likes to eat.

Which is the one where Francois smashes the wall of Dennis's house? I think that one was my favourite.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've yet to look at these. If I were to undertake to start looking at the whole collection is there anything that I need to know first (without giving away spoilers obviously)!
    To give you a flavour of Dennis, the following was a half-hearted attempt by me to post on PS in the 'Dennis' style. Whilst I can't compete with Lissa'a brilliance and originality, it may help to give you an idea of what he's like.

Having further researched the modern use of acronyms in ‘popular’ internet-based circles, it would appear that the world truly has run mad. The offered example of UNICEF (I can’t bring myself to type in lower case lest I be ridiculed by my esteemed colleagues within the British Acronymmatical Society for Tirelessly Ardent Researchers and Dissertators, BASTARD, of course) appears in text in all-capitals in the majority of cases, yet the UNICEF logo is brazenly lower-case in its form, even though the ‘web-site’ of the aforementioned organisation refers to itself within text fields in the correct capitalised form.

It’s no exaggeration to say that I haven’t been this angry since my BASTARD colleague Jules Badbreath (he of Dictionary Corner fame on TV’s popular word game ‘Countdown’, though I mention that particular programme with some hesitation as it’s broadcast on the ‘fourth’ channel which at most other times seems to show filth and depravity of the highest order – and I include ‘Treasure Hunt’ in that bracket) deliberately spelled my surname as C-O-C-K-S on an internal memo just to make himself appear humorous to the more ‘popular’ members of the society. Naturally I snubbed him at the BASTARD Christmas Party that year and instead spent the entire evening discussing the relative merits of sans-serif fonts (in both standard and bold forms) with Florentino Tubog.

May I also take this opportunity to point out to Dennis Brent and Francois Devine that whilst VAT may loosely be described as an acronym in that some people ‘say’ the word rather than reciting its individual letters, their poorly researched example of BBC is in fact an initialism, i.e. a series of letters which, whilst denoting the various words which comprise the phrase of which it is a shortened substitution for, is not a ‘word’ in the truest sense; it cannot be ‘said’ in the same way as UNICEF, TARDIS and indeed, BASTARD can. Naturally it pains me to have to point this out but in this age of short skirts, body piercings and Jedward, I’m sure I will be commended for upholding the high standards of the English Language. There is simply no place for linguistic legerdemaine in my inner circle, I can tell you.

As the rest of the world (including Dennis Brent and Francois Devine) appears to have descended into what I can only describe as the lowest common denomination in terms of its understanding of simple grammar, I can offer no further defence on my part, other than the fact that I am right and everyone else is wrong. There is literally no other explanation.

With regards to the actual words which make up the five letters of the aforementioned acronym which started this nasty business, my good friend Professor Brian Cox (no relation as far as I’m aware, but it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we were related in some way due to our unrivalled expertise in our chosen fields) assures me that there are numerous dimensions which are relative to time (whether in space or otherwise) such as the length, width and height of any chronometer I may care to mention. In fact the handsome carriage clock which adorns the mantle piece above the drawing-room fire at Cox Towers exhibits those very attributes and I’ve never had cause to reprimand it for having more than one dimension.

Furthermore, I will not be sending any second-class stamps to your collective box as I’ve already been to the Post Office today to renew my subscription to Pedantry Periodical and used up my remaining small change. Besides, a second visit would result in unnecessary wear and tear on my pumps.

My favourite story is still the one when Dennis & Francois are asked to make first contact.

I'm pretty sure in this version of reality where Beth never remarried I still read the whole of Brenty Four this afternoon and loved it.