Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

The scene gives the misleading impression that Ed is waiting inside the TARDIS when the door is opened which surely can’t be right.
    That's correct, he is. They go inside the TARDIS for the Thenos IV Flashback, and you can hear the familiar hum. Although at this point the Doctor suspected Ed of being a Synthoid, and it was therefore quite reckless of him to invite the machine into his ship, he felt he needed to demonstrate trust to make the robot think he didn't suspect its true identity, besides it was quite cold outside, far too cold in fact for a lengthy flashback sequence.

Si.

Great reviews as always Richard.
    With regard to the music cues; I'm afraid the honest part of my character won't allow me to take credit for other peoples work. While it's very nice seeing things like "that must be a Clancy cue", you are inadvertantly doing some other poor muscian(s) a dis-service!
    As far as I can recall there is only one of my cues in the story and it's towards the end of episode 3 - it is, as Si Hunt pointed out, my 'Tor Garane theme' and as far as I am aware this is the first time it has been heard. I've recorded it a couple of times but the other version is a bit weird and may never see the light of day!

I look forward to the next review.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Great reviews as always Richard.
    With regard to the music cues; I'm afraid the honest part of my character won't allow me to take credit for other peoples work. While it's very nice seeing things like "that must be a Clancy cue", you are inadvertantly doing some other poor muscian(s) a dis-service!
    As far as I can recall there is only one of my cues in the story and it's towards the end of episode 3 - it is, as Si Hunt pointed out, my 'Tor Garane theme' and as far as I am aware this is the first time it has been heard. I've recorded it a couple of times but the other version is a bit weird and may never see the light of day!

I look forward to the next review.
    Hope I didn't embarass you too much Andrew. I think I was attempting to tease Si with my guesses as I knew they couldn't all be your work. I'll have another listen to the pertinent section soon. Oh and Christmas Spirits has not been forgotten Mr Cottonwood

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    That's correct, he is. They go inside the TARDIS for the Thenos IV Flashback, and you can hear the familiar hum. Although at this point the Doctor suspected Ed of being a Synthoid, and it was therefore quite reckless of him to invite the machine into his ship, he felt he needed to demonstrate trust to make the robot think he didn't suspect its true identity, besides it was quite cold outside, far too cold in fact for a lengthy flashback sequence.

Si.
    "Oh, you were ages in there. It's FREEEEEZING out here... hold on, we're you flashbacking in there? Whilst I was freezing my nibs off?"

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Hope I didn't embarass you too much Andrew. I think I was attempting to tease Si with my guesses as I knew they couldn't all be your work. I'll have another listen to the pertinent section soon. Oh and Christmas Spirits has not been forgotten Mr Cottonwood
    Don't worry I wasn't too embarrassed I just felt that I shouldn't take credit for someone else's effort - unless of course you accidentaly credit me with the best cue ever then I may forget to correct you!

Ahh Christmas spirits - the one where I recorded much of my dialogue twice!

Finally got round to listening to Asylum and really enjoyed it. The plot held together very well considering all the twists and turns it took. Liked Tor Garane (glad he and the Doctor crossed swords once more), the two Guardians (especialy the White), the Paddy Kingsland music, Ed Bradley (even if he was a synthoid!) and the whole bonkers lock combination sequence. And was there a point where the cast almost went into an Abba song? Proper Planet Skaro stuff!! 8/10

Tee hee! The punters got what they wanted with this one! Glad you enjoyed it, Mr Junkyard.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Glad you enjoyed it! The ABBA quote was an adlib that I didn't think would make tje final cut... I should have known really!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.