I'm still running a fairly old XP laptop which only has a 40GB hard drive, and there's hardly ever any space left on the C drive. I try to keep it with at least about 1GB free on it just to keep things running okay, but this room just keeps disappearing and I can't find what's eating it up or where it's going, it's very frustrating. For the record, I regularly do all the following...

- Run "Disk Cleanup" from left clicking the drive with everything ticked that makes any difference.

- This includes also clearing all System Restore points.

- Running CCleaner to remove even more temporary files and things that Disk Cleanup doesn't find.

- Running MSN often fills a file called Windows Live Contacts, which is hidden away in the depths of the C drive, with hundreds of megabytes of useless stuff... delete that too.

- Anything that gets installed from Windows Update (which isn't much) creates an uninstall folder in the Windows directory which eats up space - I move all these to an external drive in case I ever need them, which I probably won't.

So really, what's left? Only a month ago my free space went down to about 900 MB after doing all this, so I had remove the i386 folder to another drive. This freed up about 500 MB so I was on about 1.4 GB free, but only a month later this is again down to barely over 1 GB.

It really is getting to the point where there really isn't much else I can remove from C drive and yet this onward march of destruction is relentless.