Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Secret Diary Of A Call Girl - Series 2

Looks like Billie Piper will be playing a prostitute in a Channel 4 adaptation of Belle de Jour:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6354397.stm

Piper set to star in TV sex drama

Former Doctor Who actress Billie Piper is set to star in the TV adaptation of the best-selling book about the life of a prostitute.

Belle de Jour began as a weblog, with an anonymous woman going into explicit detail about her sex life.

Now it is "in development" as a TV show for Channel 4, with Piper "attached" to the lead role.

No timescale for filming has been set, but a Channel 4 spokeswoman said: "It's quite a way from going on-air."

Production company Tiger Aspect approached the broadcaster with the idea, she said.

Until last year, Piper, 24, starred as the Time Lord's companion, Rose, in the sci-fi series Doctor Who.

She has also appeared in Victorian drama The Ruby in the Smoke, and is due to play Fanny Price in an adaptation of Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.

And her 1999 hit Honey to the Bee re-entered the top 20 last month after DJ Chris Moyles encouraged listeners to download the song and put it back in the chart.

We might get to see her saggy hangers again. You could park a truck in there.

I'm surprised Dave Tudor hasn't posted this yet. He must still be in shock!

I've read the book this is based on (it was a charity shop purchase, honest) and found it to be...well...just a bit bland, and unrealistic too.

I have strong suspicions it was either written by a man, or a woman who wanted to titilate the male audience, as her work as a prostitute is all rather, well, fun. I mean, if it's true, that's really great, but she never seems to have any dodgy clients who treat her badly, or finds herself with a complete lunatic, and what I've generally heard elsewhere / read in the press is that prostitutes sadly have to deal with men who are abusive to them on a far too regular basis.

Erm, I'm not sure what the point of this comment is. Perhaps it's just speculating that a tv drama highlighting how wonderful it is to be a prostitute could be worryingly misleading, especially to someone who's considering working in the industry.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Yes, and especially considering what happened in Ipswich recently...

As the report states, the project is merely 'in development' with Billie merely 'attached' to it, meaning that it's very early days. I have a feeling that when it finally appears, The Piper won't be in it at all - she's one of the most in-demand actresses around at the moment, and she's probably got offers coming in left, right and centre. By the time this comes to be filmed, she may very well be busy on another project.

Also - and I know many of us would love to see this! - I somehow doubt that a now very much established star like Billie, with a big fanbase, both young and old, want to appear in a Channel 4 drama which would probably involve lots of sex and nudity, unless she wants to distance herself from the more 'family orientated' roles she has had thus far, and that this particular role is very challenging, and that the script (if she has read one yet) is very good. Let's see what happens.

Those early reports were spot on, weren't they?

The Secret Diary of a Call Girl starts next week on ITV2.

Billie's hooker sex lessons

Nice Radio Times cover as well.

Will it smash the multi-channel audience records for new drama? Will it be ITV in full-frontal shocker? Or will it just be Piper's "buns 'n' baps"?*

* Probably! It's at least five years since ITV have shown everything. Talk to Me only got it half right earlier this year.

Would it be possible to change the thread title to "Billie Piper in 'The Secret Diary of a Call Girl ' (ITV2 27th September)"?

Cheers

Done!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I saw a preview clip the other day... and my immediate reaction was "Rose, what are you doing?!"

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Will it smash the multi-channel audience records for new drama? Will it be ITV in full-frontal shocker? Or will it just be Piper's "buns 'n' baps"?
    I predict "buns 'n' baps".

I think we might be seeing her saggies in this. My young child will be appalled!*

* if I actually had one

Thanks for the speedy title change, Si.

I'm surprised that this is on ITV2, I know they're doing it so to create as much publicity for the channel as they can, but considering how popular Billie is / how much rubbish they show on ITV1, it just seems a bit odd. And I bet it won't get half the viewing figures it would have done if they had put it on the main channel.

I'm predicting lots of cleavage shots and Billie in sexy outfits, but no actual nudity...but hey ho, I suppose I might still watch it...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I predict a repeat showing on ITV1 early next year.

I also don't expect too much in the way of "buns 'n' baps", more likely to be "naughty" outfits & that'll be your lot...but I'll have to watch to make sure.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I thought young people were supposed to be encouraged to show enterprise and initiative...

They couldn't oversensationalise the article headline a bit more could they? Where is she 'begging' anyone not to watch her? She's pointing out, quite sensibly, that this show, being about a prostitute, is not suitable for the kids who enjoyed her in Doctor Who, so they shouldn't watch. Seems like quite a responsible statement to me.

I hate the media. The other week the Radio Times asked Nicholas Lyndhust if he would ever go back to "Only Fools". He said he would but lots of people are involved in bringing it back so it wasn't really up to him. The next day, Teletext's headline was "Lyndhust Wants Return to Only Fools". The media are always forcing people to answer a question then making it look as though they volunteered the information unprompted.

Si.

The Media W*nk gets worse:

Billie Sex Scene Banned (includes hilarious clip)

You could also watch the first episode as an itv.com exclusive last night.

The accent's quite dodgy, but this could turn out to be quite fun.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Captain Tancredi Guest

Thanks to the Rugby World Cup, ITV is overflowing with hookers at the moment.

I see Billie practises safe sex, she keeps her underwear on.

I said she would.

Pip Madeley Guest

Best TV magazine cover in years.

She shows nothing in this series, according to those who claim to have seen it. Underwear on at all times, apart from one really dark scuddy scene. Just what you expect from ITV... see also "Martine McCutcheon In Three In A Bed Shocker!!" from The English Harem back in 2005.

Wouldn't want the kids to see Billie's nipples hitting the deck when she takes her bra off.

Newsnight Review have destroyed my interest in this series.

Holy Moly said she goes full-frontal - though I believe they're not the most reliable of sources...

The censored "Billie in the buff!!" pics would be all over the tabloids by now... unless they're saving them for later in the run/it's too dark to see anything.

A bit more info on the series here.

Looks like she's only going so far as getting her arse out.

Are we sure that's not a body double?