Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If there's one thing I've learnt from this story, it's that Richard is all about the continuity!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I do love the way he wrong-foots the listener with the Dave and Emma stuff though!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I'd just like to say a big thanks to everyone who gave their time so quickly and so willingly to make this happen. Three weeks ago this project didn't exist, yet in the busiest fortnight of the year, from Bracknell to Redhill and a cupboard on an oil rig (!), SIX recording sessions took place. No-one was directed, and our normal mic wasn't used (hence the odd mismatch in recording quality, which I hope everyone forgives) but everyone instantly complied and helped to make this. THAT's what great people we have on this forum.
    Quoted for Truth! Once again thank you everyone! Even the people who may not have realised they're in this play yet!

PS Extra big thanks to Steve for the great last minute CD artwork and banner!
    Again QFT and my personal thanks for such a super cover. I love how Rob suddenly looks more like Rory than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    If there's one thing I've learnt from this story, it's that Richard is all about the continuity!
    Guilty as charged, with I think one exception all the continuity stuff came from me. The humourous stuff was more of a collaborative effort between myself and my excellent script editor.

Oh my goodness, I haven't laughed so much for ages and ages. What a lovely little story it is!
    Really good fun and a rather splendid little story for Rob. Nice to hear some of his backstory and the unrequited love his friend has for him. Aww. Touching!

Thanks Richard for a wonderful Christmas treat and to Si for making it happen!

All I can say is - Bliiiiimey! What a lovely story

Congrats to Si Hunt, I know what a gargantuan effort this sort of thing can be!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

At the risk of praise-shunting, it all started with the story... and I really enjoyed working on it. It was quite simply a pleasure.

Si.

I am disturbed every time I see my new look on the banner. To think I leave the house looking like that every morning.

I think Dave as Father Christmas in the banner is frankly terrifying.

Si.

Well, that's my first PS Audio under my belt and I have to say I'm impressed. Well done to everyone involved.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Hurrah! Glad you enjoyed it Duncan.

BTW Si, congrats to Richard as well, you're quite right. And he got the continuity right too!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Well, that's my first PS Audio under my belt and I have to say I'm impressed. Well done to everyone involved.
    Really pleased you enjoyed it Duncan. I know for a fact that Si Hunt has worked like a trojan to get it finished whilst it was still the Christmas period.

Even more impressive then. I particularly liked the music and sound effects. They sound very professional indeed.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

My thoughts exactly Duncan. Well done Si Hunt!

Just the quickest of replies! I love the cover! In fact, I always wondered what, erm a certain character looked like!

It is a rather fabulous cover, glad you like Dave and hope you get the hear the finished play soon. I am especially loving Gordane's glasses at the moment.

I'm still chuckling about the possibility of Ben Whishaw playing Rob McCow in The Hour!

I like the idea that Gordane has been tootling around on Earth being Linda's boyfriend and she has no idea he is a glitter-caped alien Lord. That's very "Linda McCow" isn't it?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'm still chuckling about the possibility of Ben Whishaw playing Rob McCow in The Hour!
    Oh I think it's entirely possible that Freddie Lyon (or indeed another Ben Whishaw character from somewhere else) might find his way into a future story! I'm glad you and Steve enjoyed that reference. Si had a hell of a time sourcing the title theme at my request after I wrote it back into the script as he's never seen The Hour.

I like the idea that Gordane has been tootling around on Earth being Linda's boyfriend and she has no idea he is a glitter-caped alien Lord. That's very "Linda McCow" isn't it?

Si.
    I'm assuming there was a quality issue with the Doctor's last line to Gordane as I was a little sorry to lose the reveal that Gordane was staying with Linda for one more night.
    That said having not clarified what happened to Gordane at the end that definitely leaves possibilities for the future!

well I really, really enjoyed that! Well done to Richard for giving me some lovely lines! Well done to Si Hunt for managing to make sense of the avalanche of emails and recorded lines and multiple takes that I sent! All good stuff!

Enjoy Your Shoes!

Absolutely marvellous, just listened to it now. Well done to all concerned, and I particularly liked "It's all gone a bit season 5 Buffy" - not to mention "Charlie Pollard - we've all had her". Who knew!?

The Buffy line was a Steve ad-lib I think!

Si.

That wasn't in the script.