Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Merry Christmas, Rob McCow! CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

We are pleased to announce that the next Planet Skaro audio will be along sooner than you think...

Although the Doctor has only just finished his latest exciting adventure Asylum, a special Christmas themed episode will be along in just a few weeks time! Merry Christmas, Rob McCow! sees the Doctor and Rob return to Rob's home in Putney for Christmas Eve... but there are more surprises in store than a few presents and the odd Christmas cracker...

Merry Christmas, Rob McCow! has been written by Richard Brinck-Johnsen and is cunningly set between Asylum and the story previous to it, Massanicassa. We hope you enjoy it, and that it brings an extra bit of festive cheer to your Christmas this year!

Si.

I'm slightly overcome by the reality of what started off as a short story having its own thread (definitely not going to drink tonight or I'll be really emotional ).

I'd just like to thank Si for everything he's been doing over the last week and a half transforming my rather sentimental story into a fully fledged audio drama. I'm extremely excited and privileged to have been able to play with a number of characters created by the lovely members of this board. I for one cannot wait to hear the end result.

It's going to be a stone cold classic.

And I'm not just saying that because Rob McCow is in it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

That's lovely of you to have said Steve.
    I guess there's always a risk when a first time author starts bigging up his work when even he hasn't heard the finished result yet but I'm delighted and amazed with the efforts that have been made by everyone involved to try and get this story finished within an amazingly short space of time. I'm sure we'll have some more definite news about this story quite soon...
    Merry Christmas Everyone!

I love a good old Christmas story! Ho Ho Ho!

Thank you so much for your contribution Dave. I've haven't heard any of your scenes yet but I'm sure it'll all sound wonderful once it's finished. More news soon fingers crossed!

Oh am I in it? I wonder what part I'll be playing?

:P

(Dave not wanting to give anything away)!

Well no one seems to have noticed that little suggestion of a possible hint about who might or might not be in the story so I think I might've gotten away with it.

*whistles innocently*

Think that Christmas is over? Well, we have one final festive treat for you before the end of the season. Yes, it's our special Planet Skaro Audios Christmas episode!

The Doctor brings Rob back home to Putney for Christmas. But there are revelations aplenty around the turkey and Christmas stuffing, as some old friends come round for Christmas dinner. And just what has the Doctor got inside his stocking?

Many, many of your favourite Planet Skaro Audio contributers have worked a Christmas miracle to bring this special yuletide treat to you in record time, so please settle down by the tree, crack open that last box of mince pies, and enjoy this special episode, which is set between "Massanicassa" and "Asylum".

On-line later today!

Si.

TODAY?!?!

Woo hoo!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Ooh! How marvellous!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Think that Christmas is over? Well, we have one final festive treat for you before the end of the season. Yes, it's our special Planet Skaro Audios Christmas episode!

The Doctor brings Rob back home to Putney for Christmas. But there are revelations aplenty around the turkey and Christmas stuffing, as some old friends come round for Christmas dinner. And just what has the Doctor got inside his stocking?

Many, many of your favourite Planet Skaro Audio contributers have worked a Christmas miracle to bring this special yuletide treat to you in record time, so please settle down by the tree, crack open that last box of mince pies, and enjoy this special episode, which is set between "Massanicassa" and "Asylum".

On-line later today!

Si.
    I'd better rush out and buy my nephew's birthday present which I forgot yesterday right away then!!

Hooray!!

Merry Christmas Rob McCow!

We are delighted to unveil the fifth story in our fourth season of Audios (though chronologically fitting between the third and the fourth... are you confused yet?) and our 2011 Christmas special, "Merry Christmas Rob McCow!" by Richard Brinck-Johnsen!

Download it now!

Si.

That might just be the campest cover we've ever done!

We'll have to listen to this together later

Well that was certainly worth the wait! Thank you so much Si for your hard work and music choices ( ) and without giving away anything more than is on the cover thank you to everyone else for your great performances especially Steve and Paul!

"...especially when the Lady with the nice purfume walked in"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    "...especially when the Lady with the nice purfume walked in"
    That advert hasn't been on telly for about 14 years so I'm glad someone got the reference.

Well done Richard - a very clever, entertaining story. Sounds like you all had great fun with this one!

I'd just like to say a big thanks to everyone who gave their time so quickly and so willingly to make this happen. Three weeks ago this project didn't exist, yet in the busiest fortnight of the year, from Bracknell to Redhill and a cupboard on an oil rig (!), SIX recording sessions took place. No-one was directed, and our normal mic wasn't used (hence the odd mismatch in recording quality, which I hope everyone forgives) but everyone instantly complied and helped to make this. THAT's what great people we have on this forum.

Si.

PS Extra big thanks to Steve for the great last minute CD artwork and banner!

My word that was brilliant, especially considering this is your first PSA play, Richard, and the speed of production, Si!

It forms a wonderful love letter to Season One, as well as continuing the vindication of Rob's place aboard the TARDIS. I don't mind saying that the penultimate scene brought a lump to my throat too.

Given that no-one was directed, it strikes me as brilliant that Dave, Trudi and Kathy all made their characters sound just a few years older and wiser- it really added to the emotion of the piece. And finally, we meet someone from the Sparkle Tribe- and who better to play him?

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

Thanks Brenden! And thank you for your extremely speedy last-minute line as the Mirror as well. Lovely nod to "Once Upon A Time Lord" on Richard's part. I've no idea if he meant that, but as soon as there was a mirror, I knew we had to have you! You're now type cast for all the talking mirror parts.

Si.

The Mirror was always intended to be one and same as the one from "Once Upon A..." so I was delighted at the returning music cue that accompanied that cameo! More thoughts relating to that once more people have listened but for now my great thanks also Brendan.

We're going to hold off a little longer on revealing the full cast list but I think it should be mentioned that one of the returning characters was subject to an emergency recast expertly handled by Si. I personally think the transition was pretty seamless given that we've not heard anything of the character concerned for four years!

Also a couple of the smaller cameos were surprises even to me and one of them sets the scene nicely for story 4.6!

And just what do you know of story 4.6, hmm?

Very much looking forward to hearing this when i get home this evening. I should note I don't know anything about the play other than the lines I had to play and I very carefully avoided reading any of the bits other than my own lines. Keeps the magic intact!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I don't know anything about the play other than the lines I had to play and I very carefully avoided reading any of the bits other than my own lines. Keeps the magic intact!
    Wasn't that The Jon Pertwee method of DW acting ?
    Bazinga !