View Poll Results: How would you rate of Army of Death?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5- Army of Death

0 0%
  • 4/5- Astrid of Peth

2 100.00%
  • 3/5- Run out of Breath

0 0%
  • 2/5- Bored to Death

0 0%
  • 1/5- Author on Meth

0 0%

Default BF 155: Army of Death

The TARDIS brings the Doctor and Mary Shelley to the continent of Zelonia, on the frontier world Draxine – where, many moons ago, the twin citystates of Garrak and Stronghaven bore testament to mankind’s colonial spirit.

That was before the sinister death cult of Garrak’s President Harmon took hold – and Garrak annihilated itself, utterly, in an apocalyptic explosion. Before the bones of Garrak’s dead came back to life, and its skeletal citizens began marching, marching, marching on Stronghaven itself.

But what do they want, this army of death? And can anything stop them? In search of answers, the Doctor and Mary must journey into the dead heart of a dead city to face a terrifying adversary, whose ambitions transcend the stuff of life itself.

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

This was undoubtedly my favourite of the recent trilogy- the story is by turns witty, satirical and emotional, and McGann seems to have a ball.

The connection with Mary's 'later' works is not so heavily laboured in this play as it was in The Silver Turk, and Julie Cox seems to be finding her voice for the part quite successfully in this play.

It loses one point from me, however, due to the fact that the cliffhangers for Parts One and Three are identical!

Oooh, coconut macaroons!

I've heard Episode 1 and it's slightly better than I thought. Mary is a little better in this one, although it's fighting against alienating me with its alien factions at war. It all seems slightly better done than, for example, "The Elite" so fingers crossed for a good Episode 2.

Si.