Thread: The Hobbit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just back from seeing Hobbit 1 - very good, and done in exactly the same vein as LOTR (ie added bits of plot from nowhere that just fit in nicely, and some minor niggly changes). Sylv is great as Radagast and I really liked Martin Freeman's Bilbo.

I'm glad also that PJ took some of the adivce I gave earlier in this thread....
    Bazinga !

We went to see it last weekend - in fact, Claudia had seen it on a school trip on the Tuesday so she saw it twice within a few days!!

Zel & Claudia REALLY liked it; I have to admit I found it just too long, even allowing for having dozed off briefly a couple of times - that's probably more a reflection of me, but I did get a bit fidgety as it went on. But that aside, very good, and I'm sure if you liked LOTR you'll like this - it's a long time since I read the book, but I could see certain bits obviously added in; I thought it was particularly clever how they added in material that fitted this film, while at the same time setting up for future events in LOTR (ie, Galadriel & Christopher Lee being at the elf town, all the stuff with Sylvester McCoy and the Necromancer). And, although I just can't warm to the actor whenever I see him interviewed, I must be honest and say that Martin Freeman was exceptionally good as Bilbo - even old misery guts me got a little teary at the end where Thorin embraced him.

I'm going to see it this afternoon.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    I really liked Martin Freeman's Bilbo.
    There's no answer to that!

It's coming.....

[/QUOTE]

More Radagast ! Some Legolas !! No Stephen Fry !!! (in the trailer)

But it's a whole 6 months to wait !!
    Bazinga !