View Poll Results: How would you rate The Reign of Terror?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10: C'est Magnifique

0 0%
  • 9: C'est Formidable

3 50.00%
  • 8: C'est Tre's Bien

0 0%
  • 7: Ça ne me plaît pas

0 0%
  • 6: C'est Bon

2 33.33%
  • 5: meh! indiffyrence

1 16.67%
  • 4: C'est mauvais

0 0%
  • 3: C'est mal

0 0%
  • 2: Ça ne me plaît pas.

0 0%
  • 1: C'est Merde

0 0%

Default Rate and Discuss: The Reign of Terror

Bonjour!
    The Doctor and Co arrive at one of the bloodiest moments of French history. An eventful trip to Paris sees the Doctor escape a house fire, murder someone with a spade, wear a big hat, while Susan and Barbara are prisoners of the concierge and Ian becomes a spy.

What do you think of The Reign of Terror?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I quite like it! I got the audio a year or two back, and it's quite a jolly little tale. A different tone to the other two historicals to date (MP and the Aztecs) not to mention being probably a more 'familiar' historical setting to the audience. There's some particularly good material for Hartnell, and he seems to enjoy making the very most of it - I can't remember who (maybe Ian?) but somebody comments at one point that it's almost as if the Doctor is running the whole revolution, and there is a sense (IMHO anyway) that they've now started to crank up the Doctor's role as unequivocal hero.

I'm definitely looking forward to the 'complete' version on DVD in about 12 months time!!

Well now. Somewhere between here and The Dalek Invasion of Earth, is when Doctor Who became Doctor Who. And I adore this story. 9/10 (I realise it's not 'perfect'.)

Edited to add: And by that first comment, I wasn't referring to Planet of Giants...

I think this is magnificent. It may be missing a few key moments, but what we've got is really rather special. It's not really one continuous story, it's more of an anthology of adventures set in the French Revolution. Everyone gets a dozen different things to do as they make their way to Paris. We get a spy story, a prison drama, narrow escapes and plenty of comedy to boot!

And I love the scene where Ian and Barbara realise that they're spying on Napoleon.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I am utterly indifferent about this story. I've seen it a couple of times, but it never leaves a mark with me. In theory its great, but it's just so forgettable.

Not a favourite of mine.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

9/10 for me. I've really liked this story since I saw the recon. I can't wait for the DVD. Yes it's slow but it's like watching an old movie. I just can't help it, I really like it.