Default Interesting Speakers

Are there any people you could listen to for hours and hours and still be enthralled by what they're saying?

I have few.

Russell T Davies: A controversial choice I'm sure, but I could listen to him for ages. He's so enthusiastic about everything he does that I can't help but have some of that enthusiam rub off on me.

Alan Moore: The man has interesting views on everything. He's got a great accent and more importantly he can talk about things like becoming magus and worshipping a snake god very seriously whilst also realising that its utterly ridiculous.

Stephen Fry: He has a great voice and just seems so knowledgable about many things. And he's witty and funny too. He could make an advert about tea sound fascinating.

I'm sure I'll think of others.

Dolly Parton has a great accent and way with words that makes her endlessly listenable.

"Momma said he STUNK! I said momma we do too! And we did!"

Si.

Fry SJ is a given so I'll nominate Jim Cornette - I've just watched a 4 1/2 hour shoot interview with him and it left me wanting volume two.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

think I'd have to say Tom Baker, because he has a great voice and ha a great way of making the most mundane of things sound funny..

Captain Tancredi Guest

I don't know if he's still alive, but Colonel John Blashford-Snell came and gave a talk at our school once and was absolutely fascinating. One of the last people on the planet who could genuinely describe himself as an explorer.

Oliver Postgate has a voice like a duvet, as has been mentioned in this months SFX.

Trudi G Guest

I could listen to both Noel Fielding and David Tennant read out the phone book - they both have very sexy voices!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trudi G View Post
    I could listen to both Noel Fielding and David Tennant read out the phone book - they both have very sexy voices!
    But which of David Tennant's voices?

Trudi G Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    But which of David Tennant's voices?
    Both!

Pip Madeley Guest

I didn't know Scottish accents did it for you!

I'm counting DVD commentaries in this - because I've certainly sat for hours listening to the cast of Red Dwarf talk over the eight series, and enjoyed every minute of it. In my opinion, the best of any DVD commentaries so far. You can tell they really enjoy being back together as a group, and both the affection for each other, as well as the joking around are great.

I didn't know Scottish accents did it for you!
    I have visions of Pip practicing his Fulton Mackay impression now before his next visit to Trudi.

Pip Madeley Guest

"There are only two rules in this prison: 1 - do not write on the walls. 2 - You obey all the rules."

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Fry SJ is a given so I'll nominate Jim Cornette - I've just watched a 4 1/2 hour shoot interview with him and it left me wanting volume two.
    I liked that too. He really likes Russo, doesn't he?

Alan Moore seconded. I spent an hour or 2 in his company way back in 86 or 87, and he was fascinating. Stephen Fry seconded too. Would have loved to have met the delightful but sadly departed Ustinov.

Neil Gaiman would be interesting.

the late Brian Johnston, one of the best radio commontators ever ..