Default Lost Stories 3.2: Hexagora

Episode 1 done so far, quite an interesting story, if, like "Elite" somewhat cliched. Jaqueline Pearce is good value of course, lusting after the Doctor!, although Tegan seems unusually perky.

A lot will depend on what the plot turns out to be? Is she harbouring a secret alien? Has she stumbled on alien technology? Is she feeding off the life force of her people? Which cliche will it be?

Si.

Episode 3 is "The exposition episode". It's a shame these things have to be QUITE so predictable. How many Big Finish stories, particuarly in the Lost Stories range, have the following structure: "Doctor and companions land on strange planet and are taken capture, the ruler is obviously sinister and harbouring a horrid secret. The Doctor uncovers the evil at the heart of the twisted society and overthrows it". It would have been more of a twist if Jaqueline Pearce WASN'T playing a baddie. Imagine that?

However, the plot, nonsense though it is, is at least different from anything before and I didn't guess it. At the end of the day this is quite a nice, harmless little story, a little like a cross between "Frontios" and "The Twin Dilemma".

Si.

Big Finish are clearly trying to make Tegan more likeable. Nice try but at the end of the day Colin was the Doctor whether we liked him or not. Tegan will only ever be Tegan.

Did Hexagora previously exist as a complete script or is this another one that Marc Platt or someone has written from someone's storyline? If the latter surely a little more originality could've been added (says he who hasn't actually heard it)?

It was just an outline! Paul Finch, who got lucky with "Leviathon" now seems to be their adapter-in-house.

Si.

I remember reading the synopsis in DWM a few years ago now, when it was fifth Doctor and Peri story.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I remember reading the synopsis in DWM a few years ago now, when it was fifth Doctor and Peri story.
    How intriguing! I never knew anything other than Planet of Fire and Caves had ever been considered for that pairing prior to the regeneration, unless this was for the season we might've had if Peter had stayed on?

As to Paul Finch, well I suppose Marc Platt probably didn't have time to do all of them.
    I don't mean that as cruelly as it sounds btw as it does seem rather sad that his father, former Avengers writer Brian Finch, who wrote the TV version of Leviathan didn't live long enough to hear it finally get made on audio.