Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Silly things you've done for fun

Whilst I'm bed bound with t'leg, I've decided to grow a moustache. Now some people undoubtedly look good with a facial caterpillar, but I have no doubt it'll make me look just ridiculous. But well, it'll be interesting to see what I look with one one time in my life, with the added bonus factor of not having to expose it in public, and well, it's just a bit of fun, really.

So just out of interest, what other silly things (hair related or not!) have PS folks done, just for a bit of a fun?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

You sure you didn't bang your head when you fell over?

Pip Madeley Guest

Played an American businessman in a fan audio!

My uni housemate Marina once dressed up as Heidi (of Swiss Mountain malarky fame) and met some friends at the airport, with her dog dressed up as a cow, just for fun.

She was such a sweet lovely girl, really pure of heart, and just loved doing crazy things to amuse others.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I once made a photo reconstruction of the "K9 and Company" title sequence with Si.

I've always wanted to try a beard, even though I don't like them on other people, only I wouldn't want the pointing and jokes at work. If I was living alone and a hermit, I'd have one for sure.

Si.

The best thing is when you shave it off cos you can have a laugh making a Hitler moustache

I once made a photo reconstruction of the "K9 and Company" title sequence with Si.
    Oh yes! We had a lot of fun that afternoon, didn't we Si?

I had a goatee at university. It was a bit patchy, and in hindsight it may not have been a good look really, but I'm glad i did it.

Si xx
    Last edited by SiHart; 15th Feb 2007 at 1:33 PM.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The best thing is when you shave it off cos you can have a laugh making a Hitler moustache
    No it isn't! I quite often let it grow over long weekends to see what it looks like, and shaving it off once it gets established is bleeding painful!

Si.

Wimp!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I've always wanted to try a beard, even though I don't like them on other people....

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So just out of interest, what other silly things (hair related or not!) have PS folks done, just for a bit of a fun?
    Jumped out of a first floor window and dislocated my shoulder as a student. The reason? To win a water fight by using the element of "surprise". I managed to pop it back in because I saw Mel Gibson do something similar in Lethal Weapon 2 (the one where Patsy Kensit gets her baps out - can't remember anything else about that film).

She dies if that's any help.

Doo-doo-doo-dah-doo!

Si Hart!

Doo-doo-doo-dah-doo-dah-doo!

Si Hart!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Er... walked through the centre of Leeds in jods, chaps and riding boots counting the confused looks, moved the contents of someone's room outside, nicked a bunch of road signs from a road-sign-amnesty skip, posed for pictures with them and then put them back, dressed my male housemate as a female witch going commando in tights, invented corridor cricket, attempted to down a pint stood on my head (doesn't work), put a three foot inflatable alien with a silver wig and guitar in all my school leaving photos.

Been at uni way too long.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    She dies if that's any help.
    It's now Liam Galaghers favourite film for that fact!

Er... walked through the centre of Leeds in jods, chaps and riding boots counting the confused looks, moved the contents of someone's room outside, nicked a bunch of road signs from a road-sign-amnesty skip, posed for pictures with them and then put them back, dressed my male housemate as a female witch going commando in tights, invented corridor cricket, attempted to down a pint stood on my head (doesn't work), put a three foot inflatable alien with a silver wig and guitar in all my school leaving photos.
    Now that's an impressive list!

That reminds me of a few things from my Uni years, including going to a Pimps and Prostitutes party dressed as a pimp, so convincingly infact that my friend Bev didn't realise who she was talking too for about 3 minutes until I took off the garish sunglasses.

We also did the typical studenty things like pushing each other home in Sainsburies trolleys, oh, and one time I videoed myself setting my arm on fire, pretending it was accidental. Though I had read how to do that properly without actually hurting yourself before hand I should stress (which is surprisingly easy, but it's probably I best don't go in to it here). Oooh, and water fights were always fun, though the ketchup fight we had one bored Sunday was illadvised...Bloomin stuff takes ages to clear up!
    Last edited by Alex; 16th Feb 2007 at 12:32 AM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybee Bailey View Post
    Er... walked through the centre of Leeds in jods, chaps and riding boots
    Let me know when you're gonna do that again, & i'll get a train up.

though the ketchup fight we had one bored Sunday was illadvised...Bloomin stuff takes ages to clear up!
    I'm sure it's not a patch on Golden Syrup.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Golden rule of impromptu food or water fights seems to be to do them in someone else's house and preferably someone else's clothes...

dressed up in a rabbit costume for a week at college.

ate a Red Stripe can.

spent the night in the keep at Scarborough Castle

went fancy dress shopping around Tesco

got married

ate a BigMac and large fries in 12 1/2 seconds

any more?

That's a great list Mike! I don't think I could do a big mac and fries in anything less than about 30 seconds...A friend and I once tried the KFC Bargain Bucket challenge (ie buying one each, seeing if we could eat it all) but only got about half way through before feeling ill...!

I'm concerned about
    ate a Red Stripe can.
    - what happened when it came out the other end??!?
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

It was flat

well, I tore it into small pieces and folded it in on itself over and over in my mouth so there were no sharp edges.... but it is seriously not recommended as a bet to try to win. It was 21 years ago, and wouldn't do it these days.

Although I'll not tell you what I drank a pint of in the pub last week. You should have seen her face when she realised that she was now going to have to be my plaything for a weekend.... that bet WAS worth winning

oh, also should have added walked around the Pink Triangle on a friday night dressed in skintight latex.

Should have got danger money for that one.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Saville View Post

Although I'll not tell you what I drank a pint of in the pub last week.
    I want to know!

The most stupid thing i ever did was literally try to run through a shop window. Luckily for me it didn't work.
    Yes it was a long long time ago, & yes i was pissed as a fart, & no i can't remember why.

I'm sure everyone's done this...maybe

Not so long ago me and a mate were absolutely guttered and on the way home decided to reorganise one of the estate agents "for sale" boards...some poor person probably got a knock at the door from prospective buyers....

I felt guilty only for the next morning...

pretty tame really! I know I should act my age but there's no point being a grown up if you can't be childish or some other such quote...