Default PS on a widescreen monitor

Does anyone else use a widescreen monitor? I suppose most people do these days actually. I've just started using one (a new laptop really) and the PS forums have big bars on either side with the grey dotty pattern on them, eating up nearly half the screen. Is this how it is for everyone? Is there some setting I can change? Other forums and webpages seem to automatically fit this aspect ratio, but not here for some reason.

Yep, thats how the pages are formatted I think.

Even Facebook isn't formatted for a widescreen monitor! I think the width of text across the whole of a widescreen makes it harder to read personally. What do other people reckon?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I was never a fan of widescreen for computers anyway as it's the last thing I'll be watching films on and it doesn't seem the best shape for most computery things, but there's not really another option now, not for laptops anyway.

If you have a wheel mouse just click Ctrl & then wheel up to zoom in & make it larger/fit the screen better.

Hmm but then I just make al the text bigger so don't really get to fit any more on the screen, so... I guess it's a no win situation

The forum is fixed as 700px wide so it won't expand to fill a wider monitor. This setting could be changed - and probably will be changed when we upgrade to the latest board software - but for now all you can do is use AdBlock to block the awful background image visible at the sides.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

*SHOCK* You mean you don't like the sea of grey circles?!?!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I quite like the sea of grey circles actually, they look a bit like roundels...