Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morgan View Post
    I know how that feels lately, mine's on the way but I've got rather behind with the last one or two, I've not even got so far as unwrapping The Daemons yet. They'll keep.
    I start to get a backlog simply because a lot of the time I'm in the middle of watching a season box set of some thing else and once I start that I like to finish it but Ill certainly be watching Nightmare very soon.

Don't forget if you've still to order this, that you can help support the forum and keep us running by using our 'Affiliate' links!

Thanks!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The extra's are an odd lot. The two Doctor fans trying to be funny just doesn't work - Joe Lidster occasionally hits the mark but the masculine woman is just not amusing. Jokes as lame as "Planet Holland" and the like just arn't good enough to be on a DVD. We all like to mock Doctor Who and try and be hilarious occasionally, but since when a film of this become an acceptable DVD extra?

Once again, this ok, reconstruction of "Galaxy 4" not good enough. Cheers, Dan Hall and your "Pup Productions" vanity project, whatever that is.

Si.

The extras are getting more scant and less watchable; even the "big" documentaries tend to miss the mark nowadays, which is a shame.

So what documentaries are we looking back on with fondness?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The one on "Logopolis" and the one on "Trial" were brilliant. And the Beginning ones.

Si.

The Season 3 doc was great on the Gunfighters. But New Beginnings on The Leisure Hive and the great big Graham Williams one on The Ribos Op are my very favourites.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I very much enjoyed the doc from The Leisure Hive - very informative!

Do you think some of these "bigger" DVD extra documentaries might find themselves on BBC Four as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

Do you think some of these "bigger" DVD extra documentaries might find themselves on BBC Four as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?
    I'm sure there's a 'rights' reason that these can't be shown on TV. Besides, they'd want NEW! SHINY! documentaries in HIGH DEFINITION! for the 50th anniversary, I reckon. They'll probably also be facile and shallow - 'The Daleks appeared many times in the series, so did the Cybermen. The Doctor had numerous companions. Most were women.' that sort of thing...

"The Doctor was a capaciously pocketed individual, with a wide, open Edwardian Roadster and a long, floppy companion who was like an Edwardian Light Bulb - he glittered like James Bond and the Bikini-clad Yeti's in Tooting Mummerset."

Si.

Well, I never knew that!

What a fab story! The story zips along at a cracking pace, and the CET concept and the drugs theme are all well thought out. Every time Tryst came on screen I just thought of Peter Sellers! Luckily for the Mandrels, their claws & roars (!) stopped them from becoming totally cuddlesome!

David Brierly's K9 voice still irks me. He just didn't get it right. Too haughty!

The lack of budget clearly extended to Lalla's wardrobe - what a drab grey frock! Luckily we had the sparkly black officers' uniforms to ramp up the camp!

I love it and agree wholeheartedly about Lalla's drab frock!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.