2 33.33%
  • Fair Bond

0 0%
  • Poor Bond

3 50.00%
  • Bad Bond

0 0%

Default Bond @50 - Rate & Review Thunderball

[IMG]A NATO Vulcan bomber carrying two atomic bombs has crashed in the Caribbean. To make a serious situation even more critical, SPECTRE then informs the British government that it has hijacked the plane's cargo. Unless a ransom of 100,000,000 British Pounds is paid in seven days, a major city in England or the US will be laid to waste by the atomic bombs. MI6 calls in all its top agents, but only one has a lead; James Bond, 007. With only four days to complete his mission, 007 flies to the Bahamas where a femme fatale (of course!), a beautiful avenger, and a shark in human form called Emilio Largo awaits him.[/IMG]

Released: December 9, 1965

Bond Girls: Claudine Auger as Domino Derval and Molly Peters as Patricia Fearing.

In the words of Tom Jones: And he STRIKES - LIKE - THUN - DER - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL!!! Which, personally speaking is all I can remember about this one. That and the Jet Pack! But it was a pioneering movie, introducing new techniques for shooting underwater.

Read more at James Bond Wiki: http://www.jamesbondwiki.com/page/Thunderball
    And The Vervoid: http://www.thevervoid.com/media/bond_04.htm
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I actually think this is a very good Bond, rather underrated. It has a strong story involving holding the world to ransom and 007 must stop the villains.

The only downside I think is the bit at the end with the runaway boat. You can tell it's a painted backdrop sped up. From external shots, the boat looks like it's going at 200-300mph but on the inside it looks like it's going at warped speed. It makes you cry out with laughter.

9/10

In contrast i find this to be one of the most dull Bond films of all... it just seems to go on and on without much excitement. Very forgettable and the underwater scenes, although technically brilliant are very dull after a while.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.