Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Bunton hints at follow up to "Life In Mono":

Emma Bunton has admitted that she is eager to reignite her career as a solo artist.

The former Spice Girl currently presents a twice-weekly show on London's Heart FM but insisted that she hasn't ruled out recording a new album.

"To be able to play my favourite tracks on the radio is great but performing obviously is a part of me - I'd love to do it again," she told Metro.

The star enjoyed two Top 10 solo albums after the Spice Girls parted ways - however, her third offering Life In Mono stalled at number 65.

Bunton, 33, added that any musical ambitions would have to be balanced out with plans to extend her brood.

"To have another child, that's definitely in my future - just being around Beau, he's just my little dreamboat," she said.

"He's still very young, so I sort of want to be home with him a lot."

Earlier this year, former bandmate Victoria Beckham promised that she would "never sing again".
    Si.

Earlier this year, former bandmate Victoria Beckham promised that she would "never sing again".
    Insert own comment here...

Or step aside from the obvious.

Bunton has the best chance of getting a hit again because she's the only likeable member!

"Loooooove me and my torturous rock leanings"!

Si.

Are they coming right back at us...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ZX04myQT4

Straight from the horse's mouth!

I had lunch in Tin Drum in Atlanta today and "Spice Up Your Life" was playing!

Si.

It's an omen.

What ARE your creative plans and possibilities?

Crash and burn, baby. Crash and burn.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

One day, we will return; yes, one day. Until then, go forward in your beliefs, and don't mock Sporty's that she'll be any good in Blood Brothers.

She was good in Spiceworld The Movie!

I love Chis, but I have been wondering how on Earth she got stage work. I mean, nothing against her, she could say the same about me if I suddenly announced I had got a job bricklaying.

Si.

To be fair it's a musical and 13 years of making videos and all those silly faces she pulls when she sings will stand her well.

Or not.

It's been done by Nolans.

I didn't know it was a musical, I guess that explains it. She had to do some acting back when "Forever" came out and she had to pretend to like her bandmates.

Si.

And during promo for Better Alone where she had to pretend to be happy to be releasing a single available only through her website and not eligable for the charts.

This is kind of a truely awful idea ...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10606974

The Spice Girls are being tipped to re-form to help kick off the start of the 2012 Olympics in London.

The flamboyant British girl group, which split in 2000, have been in talks with their former manager Simon Fuller about performing at the opening ceremony of the Games.

"They stand for so much in British music history and I can't think of a better time for them to get back together for another performance," he told the Sunday Mirror newspaper.
    Don't get me wrong I liked the Spice Girls at the time, but a girl band opening something as big as the Olympics 15 years after their prime? Is this really the UK saying "this is the best of the UK".

It's hardly a challenge to Chinas opening is it? They had big dramatic acrobats, aerial dancers, pyrotechnics. We'll have a group of "girl starlets" who are fast hitting 40 ...

The 2012 Olympics should be a celebration of British culture, which means in my book ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/4349088.stm

Every Olympic city stamps its own identity on the opening ceremony, displaying its culture to an audience of billions.

The Barcelona games got under way to the sight of massed flamenco dancers, while Athens had running Greek statues and gyrating "goddesses" holding snakes.

A Liberal Democrat peer is calling for London to follow suit in 2012 with the nearest English equivalent: Morris dancing.

Groups of people jumping around with sticks or handkerchiefs in hand are laughable to some, but Lord Redesdale thinks they could be a great advert for UK tourism.
    It's time English people embraced rather than feel ashamed at their culture.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It's time you got a grip.

For the opening ceremony of any other country, the Olympics are a kind of celebration of that countries culture.

Taking that 1066 first established the framework of what we'd now consider England, that's almost a thousand years of culture that could be portrayed and celebrated.

So in that context, using the Spice Girls as the sole representation of the pinnacle of English/British culture. Kind of feels a bit naff.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Surely the obvious representation of British culture, would be to have a Doctor Who reunion at the opening ceremony, with all the surviving Doctors. Somebody'd better get negotiating with Eccleston now, but apart from that it's bound to be a hit.

We'll have a group of "girl starlets" who are fast hitting 40 ...
    What has their age got to do with it? Do you honestly think this will just be the Spice Girls and a few twinkly lights? It's going to be a huge and no doubt highly pretentious ceremony just like the Chinese one and this "story" is only a small part of what's planned.

I would suspect any Spice involvement will be be more along the lines of Kylie at the opening of the Sydney 2000 games rather than highfalutin Sunday Times stuff. Seeing as pop music has been one of this countries biggest exports it makes sense to represent that. I would imagine there'd be a line up of various British pop legends from throughout the years and in terms of world wide sales the Spice Girls would represent the 90s alongside Coldplay for this decade, Paul McCartney for the 60s and Elton John for the 70s and so on.

I'd much rather the Spice Girls than Heather Bloody Small and her "Proud" song.
    Last edited by Simon R; 4th Nov 2009 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Surely the obvious representation of British culture, would be to have a Doctor Who reunion at the opening ceremony, with all the surviving Doctors. Somebody'd better get negotiating with Eccleston now, but apart from that it's bound to be a hit.
    Yes - shouldn't David Tennant really be opening it? Otherwise the Olympic committee is messing around with Dr Who timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I'd much rather the Spice Girls than Heather Bloody Small and her "Proud" song.
    I have to admit that's a powerful argument. And better the Spice Girls than the 2011 winner of X-Factor!

As a brief interlude, here's some nice footage of the loverly Emma Bunton in another "super-group". Playing bass. Really!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syz0v_pftk4

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild