Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Spice Girls Thread

According to the Evening Standard, the Spice Girls have reformed.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Nowt on BBC, Reuters etc...

But the Evening Standard also says "The girls would appear with Nineties band Boyzone, who are also reforming, according to industry figures."

I don't see any real need for them to get back together, but it'd be nice I guess.

WhiteCrow Guest

Technically they never split, just persued solo projects ...

Do you think they've seen Take That reform and realise there's money in it?

No, a Spice Reunion is something that has been constantly clamoured for and carefully negotiated, to various degrees, for the last few years. It almost happened at Live 8, but for Melanie B's work commitments. Melanie C has always been completely and openly against the idea, barring charitable concerns. The other girls have been ruled in and out of the running by kids and career peaks. It's been a continual and delicate "will it or won't it" happen for ages. So Take That suddenly getting together for an album and a few shows isn't likely to suddenly persaude all five to instantly re-form.

Anyway, Chisholm has spent the last year preparing an album she's about to launch, so that doesn't tie in at all.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Anyway, Chisholm has spent the last year preparing an album she's about to launch, so that doesn't tie in at all.
    Cool - I love her solo stuff, the rest of them ... well not ...

So that'll be a definate Mel C reunion then.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Technically they never split, just persued solo projects ...
    I heard/read somewhere that a split was never formally announced because they couldn't actually agree on the wording of the press release or something - does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I heard/read somewhere that a split was never formally announced because they couldn't actually agree on the wording of the press release or something - does anyone know if there is any truth in this?
    If they can't even agree on that, then they're off to a flying start!
    Personally i think Mel C, Geri & Emma should get it together on their own. Whilst Beckam & Brown should be sent to the furtherest reaches of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Personally i think Mel C, Geri & Emma should get it together on their own.
    Are we still talking about music here?

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    Are we still talking about music here?
    Not neccesarily, but if we're going down that road let's leave Chisholm out of it as well.

Not neccesarily, but if we're going down that road let's leave Chisholm out of it as well.
    why not, i'd not say no to a foursome with Mel C, Geri & Emma,...
    Last edited by Larry; 17th Feb 2007 at 10:29 PM.

WhiteCrow Guest

Mel C is the only one I'd be keen to do it with. If I ever woke up next to Geri I'd have to kill myself there and then (really don't like her). Mind you if I woke up next to Victoria, I'd be reaching for a pillow and not in a nice way (like her even less).

guys, can we keep it to the music, or I'm going to move this to the temple.

thank you.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    guys, can we keep it to the music, or I'm going to move this to the temple.

thank you.
    Blame Tudor.

I've never heard this rumour. As I understand it the lack of announcement was more due to the fact that for a while they probably thought they'd get back together again but by the time they realised that wasn't going to happen, so much time had lapsed since they were a group that an announcement would have been a bit pointless.

Legend has it that just after the third album came out to negative reviews and poor sales in November 2000 the Girls made one last promo appearance at the MTV Europe awards and then held a meeting a few days later where Bunton and Brown were keen for them all to carry on promoting the album (a second single "Tell Me Why" was already re-mixed and on the schedules) but Beckham and La Chis didn't see the point in carrying on with it and the single and rumoured tour were all scrapped.

Emma's new video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZsKpqQmVuM

Oh Emma.

She's cracked America!

Why didn't the bitch sing Eso Beso or something?

Another "Spice Girls are reforming" story (with a pic) in today's News of the World:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz3.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by News of the World
    EXCLUSIVE: Spice girls are reforming

By James Desborough

THE SPICE GIRLS are back together recording a song they wannabe this year's Christmas No 1, the News of the World can reveal.

Our exclusive snap shows Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton emerging from a top-secret recording session in a Brighton basement studio this week.

A Spice insider said: "It's phenomenal news for them, and the girls are really excited.

Ginger and Baby Spice could hardly contain their joy, jumping up and down, giggling and hugging each other after laying down vocal tracks for their first CD in seven years at their former producer's home on Tuesday.

Emma, 31, and Geri, 34, were seen leaving Richard Stannard's 4m house. Mel C, 33, is thought to have been there. Posh Spice, Victoria Beckham, and Scary, Mel B—who are both in Los Angeles—will fly to England to record their parts in a few weeks.

The band split in 2001, after selling more than 50 million records.

Just last year, Victoria played down talk of a comeback. But now aides say say she is the driving force behind reviving girl power.

In other words "two Spice Girls visit someone they wrote songs with ten years ago". It simply MUST be a new album then!

Si.

That blurry pic seals it for me.

Biffco biffco, show us a tatto.

Pip Madeley Guest

Interesting development:

Mel C gives Spice Girls go-ahead

Singer Melanie C has given the green light for a reunion of the Spice Girls. "For the first time ever, there is some truth in the rumours... it could happen," she told BBC London 94.9. But the singer, also known as Sporty Spice, said it would just be for "a very short space of time... a final goodbye" and a thank you to fans.

But she added, "it would be really dangerous to think you could just follow in their footsteps because I think that's unique, what has happened to Take That". She added that she had always said she didn't want to get the band back together because "it was amazing, it was magical. We could never recreate it".

"But this year people have been talking about it and some of the girls have expressed an interest in doing it. I don't want to be the person that stops it happening or stops it being a five-piece," she told the radio station."

She said similar things on GMTV and Loose Women...

She is the Sporty One.

The People's VIP girls are always on the case with the "latest" news:

http://www.people.co.uk/showbiz/show...name_page.html

Quote Originally Posted by The People
    17 June 2007
    SPICE WOMEN!
    REVEALED: SECRETS OF BRITAIN'S BIGGEST POP COMEBACK EVER
    Girls all grown up for reunion single Hits album out first

By Alice Walker & Emma Donnan

SPICE GIRLS will launch their money-spinning reunion with a single called Woman, we can exclusively reveal.

And they're aiming for a Christmas No.1 with the song which tells how much they've grown up since their 90s heyday.

The girls - EMMA BUNTON, VICTORIA BECKHAM, MEL CHISHOLM and MEL BROWN wrote it in 1999 - after GERI HALLIWELL quit the band but it was never released.

A source said: "It is a very catchy pop tune so they thought it would be great to use it now.

"But they have updated it, with Geri adding her vocals."

Lyrics include: "The early years were a lesson,

Now we know what's going on, This time we're strong in our feats, And now we are industry players."

The song was written with Richard Stannard and Matt Rowe. And the source added: "Geri and Emma were recently pictured at Richard's house which suggests they're all very keen to revamp the song."

The single will be released later in the year - shortly after a greatest hits album on November 5. Our source said: "They hope that by choosing Guy Fawkes' Night they will explode back to the top of the album charts in a blaze of glory."

The girls, sorry women, have changed beyond recognition since debut hit Wannabe in 1996 - the first of NINE UK No.1s.

Mega-rich Victoria, now 33, is more famous for being Queen of the WAGs than Posh Spice after marrying DAVID BECKHAM.

Mel "Scary" B, 32, is mum to Angel Iris, allegedly fathered by actor EDDIE MURPHY.

Emma-aka-Baby Spice, 31, is about to give birth to her own tot - to the delight of boyfriend JADE JONES. Geri, 34, who quit in May 1998, is more blonde than ginger these days. She's mum to Bluebell, one.

"Sporty" Mel C, 33, releases solo single Carloyna tomorrow.

The girls are also planning a six-date UK tour - including a gig at Wembley - next spring. They may even re-release Spiceworld: The Movie in October. Our source said: "All the plans are in place. They're just finalising details."
    How come three of them are now older than me? I'm sure three of them were younger than me when they started!? Geri is probably still old enough to be my mummy! Bitty!

W.O.M.A.N has been a treasured anthem in our hearts for many years.

You gotta get yer shawt skirts on, shawt. Not long.